Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gidday everyone from down town Brisbane Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Trimethoprim & Sulfamethoxazole are what is in the Bactrim. I just wrote down what the box had on it. I swear the names of these drugs have just about every letter in the alphabet in them.
    Still raining in Sydney, no summer weather yet.
    Happy New Year hope it's a good one for all.
    Cheers Rita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve,
    I tried to pvt msg u back, but u have blocked the msging i think. Sorry that u had to join our exclusive little club, but so glad that u have found this forum. It really helps, to find out that all things u are experiencing are not all in your head, that there are certain 'wegs' things that are common to all of us. I am about 30 mins from u, i am Ipswich way. It is that bit more comforting to know that there are others in the boat with you hey. I have been dx a little over 5yrs now. Thankfully i have no kidney involv. but my lungs are less than avg. They are only 25yrs older than me, with lesions that gives the best radiographer a heart attack, and remission is like looking for the holy grail for me, but we travel along quite well (we,meaning my family and i, not me myself and I, i think there are other meds for that, just what i now need more meds ... lol)
    What hosp and doc are under, out of curiosity. (u can pvt msg me if u like).
    cheers
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve, hope you are ok. Haven't heard from you for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Steve
    I am just up the hill from you in Toowoomba. I was diagnosed July 2010. I have lung involement, had nodules. Had an open lung biopsy in July 2010 which confirmed WG. On Pred & MTX. I am reducing the Pred for the second time. First time I had my symptoms back quite quickly so they put the dosage back up again- hopefully this time!!! (They are weaning me off it much slower this time by 1mg a month). It is very comforting to know there are others out there going through the same thing and this forum has been a great source of knowledge for me. Hope you are going OK.
    Cheers
    Moira

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi Moira,
    i am down the hill from u, in ipswich. I bet it is much cooler for u today than me. We have a lovely hot wind, with a temp of 40. For those of u that are experiecing winter weather, that is a lovely 104f in the shade so to speak. Slurpees all round for the kids today.
    I was dx 5yrs ago, and like u as soon as they take pred. of me my bloods etc go North so to speak too.
    We are gathering quite the little clan around SE Qld.
    cheers
    sharon
    sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Moira

Yes hell of a way to meet people but they sure are nice people on here, I am starting to feel to be part of a little family with some of these people, I guess we all have something in common and just want the same thing for us all, to get better, just up the Hill, bloody big hill to travel, I have friends that have moved up there last year, they keep saying to come up, but never get around to it. I have been up there a couple of times when I used to drive trucks, I worked for Wagners I am sure you know them up there, they are a huge concrete company.
    Take Care Moira

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep that Aussie Wedgie Annual party is looking good, who"s in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reb876 View Post
    Yep that Aussie Wedgie Annual party is looking good, who"s in
    Me me me............. the hill is way bigger for me to travel though (maybe a cyber party, then everyone can join in)

My daughter is actually flying up to the G'Coast on Friday for a weeks holiday. I haven't been there for quite a few years.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sharon
    Nice to hear from you. Yes we are getting quite an Aussie clan together - I don't feel so alone anymore.
    A very hot day here as well today, got to around 35 - you can have 40+ all to yourself. Thank heaven for air conditioning!
    Moira

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plane fares are cheap Michelle, that will sought the hill out, I will even pick you up from the airport for the party

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123