Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English please!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default English please!!!!!

Al and Don should try and use the English language on here.........lol. You're both giving me a headache.....lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Al and Don should try and use the English language on here.........lol. You're both giving me a headache.....lol.
    looking arounnd in my old language bag...hmmm, a rabbit, some old pills, a few bad habits...ewww, old socks...nope, sorry, NO Eeenglish in heeeere senor!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Headaches gone.........lots of pred and chocolate and whishy......lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh but which English? English English, American English or Australian English (thought we should include the latter in deference to our beloved leader).

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I could not agree more.

Austrailian english is much easier to understand than whatever you call that they speak.

that is all
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    I could not agree more.

Austrailian english is much easier to understand than whatever you call that they speak.

that is all
    Hey, Don, it looks like those pesky Canadians want to banish us to the forum's half-moon shed. Imagine that! Being told by a few wacky northern weggies that our English isn't real English! (And then to compare us to the Aussies, who think they are a day ahead of the rest of us!) What's that all aboot, eh? Besides, what's more English that Shakespeare? Or, for that matter, more Canadian than allusions to Robertson Davies, Hmmm....?

And, Phil, are you sure it isn't the whiskey that is giving you a headache, or maybe those late nights at the pool hall? Methinks you are going surly on us...!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    (And then to compare us to the Aussies, who think they are a day ahead of the rest of us!)
    Sorry had to have a dig.

We are not a day ahead of you

.........it's just that you are slow ......ummm ...... I mean behind ..............Hmmm is this what I really mean???!!!

Nothing wrong with Aussie english ...ay
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Sorry had to have a dig.

We are not a day ahead of you

.........it's just that you are slow ......ummm ...... I mean behind ..............Hmmm is this what I really mean???!!!

Nothing wrong with Aussie english ...ay
    'S okay, Michelle. Digs, slurs, and insults we can take. We are weggies, after all. You can even call us retarded anti-antipodeans. Just don't make rub it in with talk about "going south" and such....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course there are many versions of English english, the best is from all those counties south of the ditch (the River Thames for our ex-colonials) and the creme de la creme is Surrey english. Now if you all spoke like what I does you would all speak proper like.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Of course there are many versions of English english, the best is from all those counties south of the ditch (the River Thames for our ex-colonials) and the creme de la creme is Surrey english. Now if you all spoke like what I does you would all speak proper like.

Jim
    Ah, Jim, you talk regular and sensible, like a good cabbie. Something we in the colonies can truly appreciate! (Even if you are half way to Brighton!)

Al

PS They say that England and America are two great countries separated by a common language....
    Last edited by Al; 12-28-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast