lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    I thought you had states...first you want our health care, then our provinces ? Next thing you know you are gonna want to keep celine dion. You can have celine dion. NO REALLY, TAKE HER PLEASe!!!!
    Leigh, it pays to notice capitalization. I did say provinces, not Provinces. We in the US have our states, and I am certain that you Canadians do too, the term being synonymous with "episodes".

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Leigh, it pays to notice capitalization. I did say provinces, not Provinces. We in the US have our states, and I am certain that you Canadians do too, the term being synonymous with "episodes".

Al
    I supose if i were not trying to be silly then the capitalization would be of some importance to me but I was trying to make a joke...a celine dion joke at that. geesh. serious replies only I guess
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I supose if i were not trying to be silly then the capitalization would be of some importance to me but I was trying to make a joke...a celine dion joke at that. geesh. serious replies only I guess
    Leigh, I am utterly serious with my jokes, and with my joking around with you. It only works to josh around with one's buds, don't you know. As for Celine Dion, I ignored her on purpose. (I wonder why the rest of the world doesn't?)

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as a canadian i can tell you it is because we are embarassed.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, you americans pay to see her. I have seen it in vegas with my own eyes. Yall line up and cant wait to see her. Canadians hope to get in to see Barry Manillow or cher. lol
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, you americans pay to see her. I have seen it in vegas with my own eyes. Yall line up and cant wait to see her. Canadians hope to get in to see Barry Manillow or cher. lol
    Well, we don't ALL pay to see her, or Manilow or Cher. You have k.d. lang, though, and I'd pay to see her! And I can think of several other Canadians I'd pay to see, though I don't know for sure where they are living now.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Well, we don't ALL pay to see her, or Manilow or Cher. You have k.d. lang, though, and I'd pay to see her! And I can think of several other Canadians I'd pay to see, though I don't know for sure where they are living now.

Anne
    I'm Canadian and don't charge admission.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    We all know that "beer", in England, is that flat stuff, and that the NW is the land of the hoppiest micro-brews.
    Strange because I live in England and I didnt know that our 'Beer' was 'that flat stuff'!! - first of all if ever you were served a pint in our local Pub that was flat you would send it back (actually the landlord wouldnt let it go beyond the bar in the first place) We dont have to rely on artificial fizz to put a sparkle in our pint glasses thank you!!.. I know exactly how particular people can get about their 'own' beer when we tried to take over 4 cans of my brothers favourite beer to Perth in West Australia where he had emigrated. The customs officer got real nasty when we answered his question 'whats this' when pointing to the tinnies, with the comment, 'thats some real beer from the UK'. Funny how even now after so many years the snap of a rubber glove still gives me the shivers......

So hopefully in 2012 we revisit Perth and then hopefully 'bump into' Andrew on the East Coast before visiting more rellies in New Zealand.

As for the pacific west coast, that is definetly on the agenda and I will give all those folks out there a timely reminder when so you can alert the micro breweries!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I'm Canadian and don't charge admission.
    Batman, you could get rich...you should charge admission (LOL)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast