Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overcoming a flare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My symptoms, joint swelling, kidney problems and serious weight loss kicked in following a period of high work stress although I had been having eye problems for quite a few months prior to this.
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

widthofacircle? Is that the same as circumference divided by 2 times pi? I.e., C/2π How did you come up with widthofacircle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is so funny. I have looked at that screen name so many times trying to decipher it. I finally decided it must be a British name or name of a town. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    That is so funny. I have looked at that screen name so many times trying to decipher it. I finally decided it must be a British name or name of a town. LOL
    My private theory has been that Widthofacircle is a champion pie baker....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    My private theory has been that Widthofacircle is a champion pie baker....

Al
    Lol! I like that one. I was thinking, since he is from Dublin, it might be part of an Irish proverb or saying. It will be interesting to see what the origin of it really is.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always pictured my pred face and assumed it was a reference to that.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been to hospital. I can stay off medication for now and be closely monitored as the ANCA is still low but positive.

I feel angry right now that no one (medical) seems to care about WHY wegeners happens and just deal with the disease itself. This seems madness to me. It is so important and surely the key to this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what ive been through you cant always judge wegeners on a blood test because you can be possitive one way and not show anything else...when i got diagnosed i got diagnosed on most of my symptoms and just a slight raise in one of the blood test..he said most docs would not have considered the blood test as accurate..but he went by the all around innflamation in my nose and my eye at the time which was necrostised an im not getting my vision or funtion in that eye again..thats what my doc told me..but if it wasnt for my rhueme i wouldnt be here..he got it right on exp..and i thank him for that...the only major flare i had is that my hands and legs and shoulders would lock up on me..even my jaw had alil pain to where it was hard too chew..my doc told me to bump my pred a few mili grams and see if it would help..i did now im back down..to 3mg pred..yeah no aches so far still on 10 pills of methotrexate a week but im not to worried about that..also stress is a killer..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Been to hospital. I can stay off medication for now and be closely monitored as the ANCA is still low but positive.

I feel angry right now that no one (medical) seems to care about WHY wegeners happens and just deal with the disease itself. This seems madness to me. It is so important and surely the key to this.
    I would not worry about what temporal things might cause Wegs. So many studies have been done and there is no evidence that anything causes Wegs.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I would not worry about what temporal things might cause Wegs. So many studies have been done and there is no evidence that anything causes Wegs.
    Actually, Phil, this might be phrased, "there is no evidence that any one thing causes Wegs." There are plenty of suspects which do seem to be heavily involved with the onset of WG, though firm proof is hard to come by. The problem is that there are so many possible culprits, that it is hard to identify one single thing.

Al

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast