Likes Likes:  4
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick up those feet Jack, Hut 2,3 4, hut,2,3,4. If pain is causing the shuffle so be it, but if just being aftraid of falling down ...
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the pain and lack of muscle that is the problem. I move very carefully in order to avoid falls which I know my bones could not take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Hey! I just noticed a response I posted has disappeared! It was funny, too.)

Minus the funny part : it was a reminder to take advantage of what you've got when you've got it. Jack, you have a pool you can use now, but that may not be true in the future. Anything can happen. A couple public pools here have been closed for a year while they do major repairs. Or you could get sidetracked and not be able to get there.

Exercising in the pool will go a long way to helping you keep some bone density.

So along the lines of what Jolanta said, "Splash, 2,3,4, Splash,2,3,4"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets give Jack some ideas on an exercise that he may like. So far....he hasn't liked what he has been asked to do. Is water a like or dislike?

How about getting a WII and playing tennis or bowling? I like that and it doesn't seem like exercise. AND if you play against yourself then there is no competition either.....that is a plus for me.

LIsa Wnat to have coffee again Jack?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not feeling very receptive this morning, so perhaps i should not post. It is starting out bad today and I just want to sit and be left alone.

Things will improve as the day goes on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As one of my old Arizona friends once told me, "You go tuck your head under your wing and rest. You'll feel better soon." Take care, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    How about getting a WII and playing tennis or bowling? I like that and it doesn't seem like exercise. AND if you play against yourself then there is no competition either.....that is a plus for me.
    Speaking of Wii's... has anyone here tried the Wii Fit? We are trying to save up to maybe get ourselves a Wii for Christmas and I have been eyeing the Fit board & stuff. Is it worth it??
    Elizabeth J.
    Officially a Weggie since April 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughters saved up and bought themselves a Wii and also the Wii Fit game. They are 13 and 18 years old and the novelty does not seem to have worn off! They play with it quite often and say it is good fun. From what I can make out, there are a good range of activities ranging from easy to challenging.

Although I spend a good deal of time on the computer, I can't stand computer games and have a life long disinterest in sport so it has little appeal to me.

By the way, after treating myself to a lazy day, I'm feeling much better than I did this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got ourselves a Wii and the Wii Fit and found it to be great! There is yoga excercises that I really like, stepping, hula hoop--just alot of fun things to do. Plus with the balance board it tracks your weight and how often you use it, etc. I thik anything you can do to get yourself moving is a plus. Also, Jack, its not really like a computer game since your are actually very active and moving while using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a balance board? I go to a PHD in Houston for balance lessons and one of the things that I do is I walk on a board with eight springs. Similar? So the Wii Fit is a good idea? My balance is poor but at home noone will care if I look silly.

General inquiry: Has anyone had hearing loss that continues to change although on pred and chemo? My hearing aides don't seem to help as I thought they would and I wonder if that might be due to continuing hearing change? Has anyone had hearing significantly restored? That would be nice.
    Shannon

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast