Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you doing these days, Duane?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great Duane! My kids love the WII too. I always believe in finding a activity that you enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing okay. I am on the pred taper- down to 12.5 mg for next 4 weeks then down to 10. I've just started getting another sinus infection so am going to the dr today. I'm still waiting for the day that I will feel good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to see you're doing the taper slowly. I hope you start feeling good any day now. Today, for example.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered how long people's prednisone side effects continued with a lowering of the dosage? I am now on 15mg and my doctor says that the hunger and moon face should get no worse only better as I've come down from originally being on 60mg. I am less hungry, but still hungry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very individual (aren't you sick of hearing that by now?). The hunger lessens, but maybe not that much once you get below 20 mg. At 4mg I have to control what I eat. My appetite is about 30% more than when I was off pred.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for a very quick reply! I find really I am never not hungry, but it is not such a raging hunger now and I can put up with it to an extent. I'd love to enter an all you can eat contest, I'd win hands down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's how I feel. It's not torture to avoid overeating, but it does require my constant attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on and off prednisone for 30 years. There was a 10 year period when I was not on Prednisone and I still had a huge appetite. Thank goodness I kept active. Actually too active walking over 40 miles a week at a fast pace. That was the only way to keep my weight stable. People always told me," You eat like a man!" I am currently on 10 mg of Prednisone and still like to eat...I do walk about 20 miles a week. The last two weeks I have not exercised, due to cold that my whole family has. I know it is a cold because it is thick yellow on/off with some blood ( too much blowing), my daughter and son have the same thing. My husband is getting over a cold/pneumonia.
    I highly recommend exercising....and concentrate on eating whole foods....make a effort everyday...two fruits... three serving of veggies ( 1/2 cup cooked veggies is one serving)..one cup of raw is one serving...Oatmeal with fruit will fill you up too. Drink water afterwards...
    I do have a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, so I know basic nutrition and I did take a Master's course on Obesity and Eating Disorders ...
    Studies show people who exercise for life will keep their weight down...I could go on...

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, now I know I am in trouble: I do NOT like fruit and vegetables, my comfort food with pred is baby arrowrootcookies! I also know, after trying to lose weight all my life, that losing starts in my head. I have to program myself and I have noticed, that after a period of normal eating, it takes a while for my tummy/body to get used tio smaller amounts of food.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast