Likes Likes:  4
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ivelisse, at age 15 I developed kidney failure. At that time my creatine was a 2.0 and stayed there for a while and then creeped up slowly and finally got a kidney transplant... my brother gave me.
    Ivelisse, I guessing the Wegeners affected your heart. I get my heart check out yearly. I have always had chest pain and heart palpitations. So I am on blood pressure medicine to decrease the heart rate as well.
    I am on cellcept and from what I know myfortic is the same but a coated version.
    Ivelisse, are you on a waiting list for kidney transplant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivelisse View Post
    I totally understand.
    I'm only 17 &since I've had Wegners (15y.o)my steriods have been high then they bring them down and then right back up if I get sick again.
    It's extremely hard,I have self esteem issues &have fallen into serious depression because of my weight.I've gained over 50 pounds in a year and half.I was really skinny before I got diagnosed &now my face is puffy &really round and i'm overweight for my age. I'm always hungry,it's crazyy.&My mood swings are terrible,I'm fine one minute &the next no one can speak to me. It's really annoying,right now I'm on 10mg of Medrol and I can't wait to go back to the Rheum Doctor's to see if they can bring them down.
    I am sorry about your depression hun, it must be very hard being at school too and dealing with Wegener's so young. What dosage of prednisone are you on now?

I am grateful for the understanding of everyone on this forum x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since my dosage of prednisone has gone done to 20mg I have started to get a runny nose in the last few days. At first I thought I was getting a cold, but now I'm wondering if it is a return of my symptoms, as I had a constant runny nose through the Wegener's affecting my sinuses.

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow for a check up so I will speak to him, but in the meantime do you think a return of symptoms is a sign that the pred dose is too low to work? Did anyone else find this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After having severe sinus and nose involvement in the early days, all the symptoms disappeared when I was taking cyclophosphamide and pred. When I was in remission and taking milder drugs (Myfortic and pred.) I had a slightly runny nose and had to blow it several times a day, but this was nothing at all by comparison to the full blown Wegs condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mandy it could be a cold or sinus infection. Just keep an eye on it. It is so annoying isn't it! Be persistant! I tell myself this all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always suspicious of a return of any indicative symptoms when lowering pred.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your replies. I'm thinking it could be a return of symptoms because it's been like this for 3-4 days without developing into a full blown cold which I would have expected to have happened by now. I guess I'll see what my Doctor says tomorrow.

Lets hope it's just a mild cold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boyfriend has got a cold now, so am assuming that is what mine is. My doctor doesn't seemed concerned anyway, he says 5 weeks into my treatment I am doing well - white cell count has gone down slightly and my kidney function is good...so it is looking likely I will only need 6 treatments of cyclo.
    And I have lost a kg! But they were different scales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you Mandy. Hang in there. Probably is a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have had the WII Fit for almost a year and now just bought the WII Fit Plus and really enjoy it. The Wii Fit Plus has alot more aerobic things to do, plus it asks questions after some of the activities so it also works your brain. There is one game where you stand on the balance board and you have to move your hips to the left, right, front or back to break balloons that have numbers on them in order for them to add up to a certain number that shows up on the screen. Really makes you think and is a fun way to really get you moving! I also need to be careful of falling but I have no fears while using the Wii. It is definately worth the money!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast