Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My purple spots

My purple lesions were an early indicator of the disease so I was on no drugs at all at that point. In fact although they tooked terrible - on my knuckles, raised and watery they were a very good signal that something was drastaically wrong. At the same time I had red lesions on my legs and arms which looked like ringworm and also small watery blisters on my face. I'm actually quite grateful for them as I sat in the doctors surgery stripped down to bra and nickers (fortunately had the good balck ones on that day) and doctors kept coming in for a look and making suggestions about what tests they could do on me. I was an interesting specimen in a country surgery! They have gradually faded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i saw my rheumy a couple of weeks ago she was bemoaning the fact that i had no lesions,that if i had some she could at least take samples from them.i,like an idiot, apologised for not having any.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can send you some of mine by Fedex next time they show up if you want. I have no need for them.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I can send you some of mine by Fedex next time they show up if you want. I have no need for them.
    ROTFL.....

I also seem to have a lesion surplus. I'm willing to pay for shipping, and will give you a volume discount. Buy now!

Offer only applies for a limited time. I mean, I could drop dead any day, you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you andrew and sangye for your very generous offers but i feel i must decline.as for the suplus lesions you could set up a website,lesionsrus.com for example.sounds like a winner to me.
    john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, John, you are one cool customer. Alright, your clever bargaining tactics have triumphed. I will give you them for FREE. I will even pay you a small gratuity for taking this excess inventory off my hands (and legs, and mouth, and....).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sangye i have wrestled with my conscience but i just can't bring myself to come between yourself and your lesions.i know how close you've become to them over the years and couldn't live with myself knowing what i'd done.the thought of you lying in bed at night not knowing if they are being well looked after or not would be too much for me to live with.so you live happily ever after with your skin buddies. ps you could always send me the occasional photo to let me know how they are doing.
    john.

nordberg Guest

These spots are not raised or wet. They do not hurt any more than a freckle and go away after a week or two. This "disease" is too varied to be just one thing judging from all the experiences I have read here. Perhaps it should be called W's Syndrome. I know where this came from in me, know it as well as I know anything about me or my life. For pneumonia I was given a drug, Levaquin, that I am violently allergic to. When my body went ballistic, doctors loaded me up with prednisone in large doses and then blood transfusions. The only symptom I have are the nodules in the lungs which show up on x rays. They appear to be shrinking slowly. I will get a new reading a week from Monday on my every two month visit to my pulmonologist. In the meantime, it's snowmobile and ski season so life goes on. N.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I LOVE snowmobiles!!! They have to be the greatest thing on the planet...aside from jetskis

Good to hear that those nodules are reducing. Agree that pretty much everyone has a different response to either the disease or the drugs in some subtle way. Would be great to see a cure someday...or a vaccine!!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh the wicked pred......My side effects that I do not like are the prednisone cheeks (weight gain too) and the problem I had with sleep. Since I have tapered down to 20 mg I am sleeping better but needed blood pressure meds and a sleepign medication called Trazodone to keep me slleping for more than 3 hours at a time. I now only wake up one time per night (in a 6 hour period) and find that do able.
    I just really hate the way I look. But, have accepted that as my new norm for a while as someone in this support group told me to do. It was a great thing to say to me and mood is much better.
    I was just explaining my mood swings to my husband the other day and asked him to please check prednisone online and the side effects. Since then, he seems to be trying to understand my ever changing ups and downs. I really like the ups.......which is where I am at right now.
    It is nice to know that others suffer from the same issues. Good luck to you all!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast