Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Prednisone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prednisone

I lost my moon face at between 6 and 7 mgs. The pred made me ravenous. I would start to eat my food before my husband got to the table, just couldn't help myself and then I got into the habit of eating quickly. I also craved carbohydrates. I found that if I had homemade cake - no frosting - at least I knew what I was eating and I wouldn't over eat it as opposed to chocolate. I'm now well so it's all OK. All I need is the self discipline - now Christmas is over I can start to think straight again. It's high summer in Australia, the prawns are running so it's late nights chasing them, and the veggie patch is looking good, and no excuse for not exercising after this last lot of vistors go home.
    In 3 months I'm to go down to ZERO Pred - quite scared about that. Will wait until we have done our big trip to Las Vagas, an Alaskan cruise and then 3 weeks of driving south from Seattle to Los Angeles via National Parks etc.. Very excited about our trip and driving on the WRONG SIDE of the road over there.
    Regards Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your replies. Seems so minor when faced with a serious illness, but I am dreading the moonface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah moonface thau name is vanity. I can laugh now but just a few months ago I could cry. Mandy, I am glad you found us and we can share our pain. The moon face is inevitable, I dont think any of us got away without having it. It is the most dreaded side effect of the prednisone. Just remember, everyone thinks that overweight people are funny, so don't mislead them and get your humor back and out front.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Not doing so well on trying not too eat too much- just had vegan walnut cake!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you read some of my older posts ( not necessary and probably hard to find) you would see how one sandwich ended up being 2 or 3. Hunger was my best friend and did not leave my side. I still remember how good it felt to eat scrumptious food and how wonderful everything tasted. I ate foods I always hated like cooked spinach
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Prednisone

Having a moon face didn't worry me too much but of course I celebrated when it went. I made the decision to bless my drugs, that I was so lucky to be in a country where the drugs were available and that they were making me better. People you know, know that you are sick so don't pass judgemnts on you and the ones you don't know, it doesn't matter about. I just went about my life not worrying about my face. My skin is so good now even tho I have lost the moonface. It certainly didn't seem to long term affect on my skin.In fact everyone says my skin looks fantastic.
    Each time I take my tablets I give gratitude to them and the doctors who have prescribed them. It's an awfull illness but there can be huge improvements over time and the drugs are the basis in this recovery.
    Regards Carol - Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moon face effect is no joke. I thought that I was completely lacking in vanity, but I found it upsetting to catch my reflection and not recognise myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moon face really got me, but it mostly disappeared at lower doses. (My face still swells when I'm stressed ever since pred--even for the 2.5 yrs I was off it). It's the moon butt that gets me down the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I had my moonface, people thought I was in my 20's! I wanted to kiss every toe on their body. I didn't because of my immune system being suppressed. Recently my sister said," you don't look so young anymore!' Oh well.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast