Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New project?????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New project?????????

I just came to the site and on the front of the page where Andrews child picture is, right under it, it says" My new project"( WEGAPEDIA) I clicked on it thinking it was something new from Andrew and its all rated XXXX stuff. Does anyone else see this ? What going on? This is horrible, I think the site has been hacked.
    Last edited by maria garcia; 12-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wegapedia??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is that picture? I don't think I have ever seen it. That certainly would be a good indicator that the neer-do-wells have attacked the site....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I google Wegener's Granulomatosis blog, this blog comes out. it has Andrewmclean name. I click on it and the page is Andrew story there is a picture of a kid and it says support forum this is also where there is a map and now there is this (a new project new wegapedia) on the page right under support forum. I have always entered this way by clicking on the support forum. The page has always had the picture and looked the same but I never noticed (new project Wegapedia). You don't want to click on this it takes you to XXX site.I was so upset thinking someone is messisng with this forum that is so precious to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just copied and Im ging to paste:
    My New Project

www.weggiepedia.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, this looks like a "spin" of our weggie name - which can also be a noughty word. Advertizers put up their stuff if they think the website matches their "like" thinking. the advertizers probably took the weggie theme litterally. I think its up to the webhost to take off offending sites not Andrew.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew did have a site called Weggipedia, with all the info you described Maria--his childhood pic, map, etc.... Obviously not the XXX stuff. I don't know what happened to it, but I imagine he'd want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew hasn't updated his blog site since 2009, so he probably isn't aware of the link. I don't think anyone has hacked his mcclean.com site, but, rather, the weggiepedia site has changed registration.

There is no registration information for weggiepedia.com. Its a huge leap, but I would say at one time Andrew owned the domain, but then let the registration run out and it was snapped up by someone else. Just a guess, tho.