Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rash & itching

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we can't do this literally, Kathy, please accept our virtual visit, singing carols...egg nog...good cheer, and all the rest! Will they let you roast chestnuts in the hospital...?

Al

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm home and enjoying the quiet rest. Keeping in touch with my sons and family on FB, text, phone and pictures. I remember thinking last year when we were at church together that my father probably wouldn't be cognizant enough to celebrate Christmas this year. He has Alzheimer's but is still aware enough to prove me wrong. That's a blessing we can all appreciate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    I'm home and enjoying the quiet rest. Keeping in touch with my sons and family on FB, text, phone and pictures. I remember thinking last year when we were at church together that my father probably wouldn't be cognizant enough to celebrate Christmas this year. He has Alzheimer's but is still aware enough to prove me wrong. That's a blessing we can all appreciate!
    Ye, Kathy, it really is amazing the blessings we have when we pause to count 'em up. Thanks for reminding us!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KathyB,

I too have a weird looking blotching just under my skin. It's on my arms,legs,stomach and sometimes my face. My rheum says that it is part of the WG's and that it is the blood vessels inflaming. I guess I just have to grin and bear having a red face all the time until treatment kicks in. The itching maybe from the meds.
    Jana

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jana,

My blotching started early in diagnosis in the same places you mentioned. They actually took on a look of bright red "dots" in some areas. The doctor indeed attributed it to the vasculitis and sensitivity to heat (e.g., water in shower, etc). I used the term "little popping blood vessels" close to the skin's surface. They kept a close eye on whether the dots were raised above my skin. Mine were not although I still have the dots popping up during stress (like pneumonia, hepatitis outbreaks). I surmised the raised dots were a more serious complication. I didn't explore because it didn't happen to me.

KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12