Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Night Owls

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Night Owls

Is anyone else out there a night owl? I'm sure I'm not the only one that is affected this way by the Prednisone. Are you in the same time zone as me Lisa? I'm Central time with no Daylight Savings Time. What about you Doug? Did you know that Nebraska is the only state with a one house legislature? How far are you from Carhenge? Is it anything worth looking at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default One hour night owl at 3am

Yes I've got in the bad habit of getting up at about 3am. I'm wide awake but I think it's caused by all the hot flushes and then I get thirsty. A cuppa, achieving something like emptying the dishwasher and a bit of reading and I'm back in bed within an hour usually. I then sleep OK. Everyone else seems more worried about it than me, so if it's not a problem to YOU then just stay up and catch up the next day if you can. Regards Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very often up at around three, but then doze in a chair until morning if I'm lucky. I try to catch up by having an hour laying on my bed after lunch. Any more than that and I feel terrible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't get to bed until between 2 and 3 am but i still wake up around 8am.if i went to bed any earlier i'd just wake up earlier.you can't win can you.
    john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definately NOT a night owl. Bed and asleep by 11, but I do wake up around 4 am daily. I am usually up and at 'em by 6 am. Especially if the sun is up. I love the mornings!
    I am central time zone, Phil, but we do have that dreaded daylight savings. That can really mess a person up for a while. I don't recommend it.
    LIsa Coffeelover

Doug Guest

Phil- sorry for such a late reply! I've been fighting computer glitches all day. Carhenge is just a short drive up the road from me, maybe 4-5km or less. I wouldn't drive here to see Carhenge, but it's worth a stop if you happen to be in the neighborhood. I tended to be a night owl before this change in my life, but Prednisone deepened the night, so to speak! I subsisted on one or two hours of sleep for the worst part of the Prednisone hell. I started sleeping better as the dosage dropped, I remember, but I couldn't say when I came back to where I was before. Yes, the Unicameral is one of Nebraska's quirks. Minnesota was looking into the possibility of a Unicameral recently (two years ago, perhaps), but I don't think it went anywhere.
    Last edited by Doug; 04-14-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow so many people have broken sleeps like me.....lol
    I even got into the bad habit of writing down what time I wake up, I don't do
    that anymore. When I wake up so does one of our Chihuahua's 'Maggie May' and now she thinks it's toilet time when ever 'mummy' stirs ..... so I have to get up now whether I want to or not !!