User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegener's faux pas & dumb mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was newly diagnosed, I was on narcotic pain patches. One morning I was showering and decided to do some yoga stretches. I bent over to touch my toes. The next thing I know I'm waking up half in half out of the shower on my back looking up and smiling at my poor freaked out wife. I had fainted, but fortunately I fell the only way that didn't result in hitting my head on the tile (out the glass door). I did however end up with one hell of a bruise on my but from that little rail on the bottom of the shower door. Didn't hurt at all, thanks to that little patch. Both my wife and my doctor said no more yoga in the shower. Since hot water on a narcotic pain patch along can lead to passing out, my doctor informed me, even before I added the toe touching which can cause light headiness. I now try to read those warning on my meds sheets a bit more closely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    The only trouble with a pill organizing box is remembering to fill it up once it's empty! Gotta have more self-discipline, I guess. But it's a big job for even a weekly box, especially if pill-splitting is involved, so quite a chore for a monthly one!
    I have used one week boxes, two week boxes and two two weeks boxes but am now sticking with the one week box for now. It is really a chore if a doctor changes your meds and you have to try change the dosage or remove a pill that is set up for the next three weeks. I find the week one easiest this way and it doesn't take as long to set it up. I am also less likely to run out of one pill when setting them up for a week at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    When I was newly diagnosed, I was on narcotic pain patches. One morning I was showering and decided to do some yoga stretches. I bent over to touch my toes. The next thing I know I'm waking up half in half out of the shower on my back looking up and smiling at my poor freaked out wife. I had fainted, but fortunately I fell the only way that didn't result in hitting my head on the tile (out the glass door). I did however end up with one hell of a bruise on my but from that little rail on the bottom of the shower door. Didn't hurt at all, thanks to that little patch. Both my wife and my doctor said no more yoga in the shower. Since hot water on a narcotic pain patch along can lead to passing out, my doctor informed me, even before I added the toe touching which can cause light headiness. I now try to read those warning on my meds sheets a bit more closely.

My one passing out episode was in the shower...washing my feet
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooh, ooh, I passed out once too cuz I wasn't monitoring drug cocktails well, nor my blood pressure, went down in a heap, woke up as my mouth was bouncing off the tiled floor with blood spurting everywhere...wife was freaked, I was smiling with blood coming out my mouth and nose...LOL...kinda like a good punch in mouth...set my teeth back a millimeter or so! Now that was dumb!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    My one passing out episode was in the shower...washing my feet
    Ye cats and little kittens. You stay offline a day, pursuing other interests, as they say--and those wacky weggies are at it again: going at it over Grannies, Guppies, or whatever; avatars that suck, holes in the head, therapeutic Waterpiks--and then a couple of guys fall asleep in the shower!

Oh, wait...that last one sounds like me. Well, I guess since someone else brought up the subject, I might as well join in the fun. It was the week after a CTX session. You know how, the day after, you feel like a million bucks? Probably the prednisolone they put in your juice, because the day after that, you seem worth $29.95, and get no takers. So the third day, you discount to $7.95 and sit forlornly for a customer.

So, here I am, feeling lousy. The wife is out of town, and there is just the cat to give me dead-weight therapy. I call Drac, who, wouldn't you know it, is out of the office that week. So his associate wants to check my anemia. Not great, but what scared her was that potassium was high--not good for kidney patients. Her solution: Take a horrid drug called sodium polystyrene sulphonate. I blame this evil concoction for my later troubles. (How bad is this product? Consider that the instructions say the it can can either be taken orally or used as an enema!). So the day after that, potassium was indeed normal again, but I was still feeling like last decade's fruitcake forgotten at the bottom of the closet. Maybe if I just clean up, take a shower....The next thing I knew, my face was smashed into the bathroom rug and the cat was pawing at my nose, perhaps trying to bring me to consciousness. I had managed to slither have way out of the shower, straddling the threshold. Drac thought it was transient low blood pressure, perhaps drug induced. It was weeks before my wife would let me mess with hot water unsupervised.

Is that goofy enough, fellow weggies?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was changing doorknobs on a very tiny bathroom and locked myself in it. I live alone, so just imagine the horror that came over me. Total panic. The knobs weren't on yet and I was just trying to line up the door jam with the lock and that was it. It matched up, but I had no way out. I had left the front and back doors open as it was a beautiful day and my poor dog was sitting in the hall looking at me thru the hole and sniffing at the door. I tried to break it down but it's a solid wood custom made door, no dice. After 45 minutes of terror and a few breaks of laughing, I found a bobby pin under the sink. I have no idea how it got there, but with the bobby pin I McGyvered my way out. I will never replace another door knob, inside or out.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Ye cats and little kittens..
    So, here I am, feeling lousy. Consider that the instructions say the it can can either be taken orally or used as an enema!). So the day after that, potassium was indeed normal again, but I was still feeling like last decade's fruitcake forgotten at the bottom of the closet. Drac thought it was transient low blood pressure, perhaps drug induced. It was weeks before my wife would let me mess with hot water unsupervised.

Is that goofy enough, fellow weggies?Al
    First of all, Al, you ARE a goof! LOL...just kickin ya while you're down...then, who in the heck would ever prescribe a drug that does that...oral enemas?? HUH? No, I understand, it's just the thought! And, that's what I had...drug induced low blood pressure...knocked me down good! My wife will NOT let me do much without her 'insight' right now...don't blame her, but quarters are getting close cuz I can't go out and golf, and she's not used to having me around so much!! LOL...another side light of WG!!!

PS: I prefer, 'ye blocks, ye stones, ye worse than senseless things...' among whom I exist as one of them!! LOL...sighs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    ...After 45 minutes of terror and a few breaks of laughing, I found a bobby pin under the sink. I have no idea how it got there, but with the bobby pin I McGyvered my way out....
    Good work, HK! Maybe without the meds, it would have taken you all day to find a way out!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Al, you should never be left unsupervised.
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    I was changing doorknobs on a very tiny bathroom and locked myself in it. I live alone, so just imagine the horror that came over me. Total panic.
    No offense, but that's a good one! I would've been inhaling my Xanax!! LOL...good McGyvering!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast