User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegener's faux pas & dumb mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegener's faux pas & dumb mistakes!

Just thought I'd throw this thread out there, you can throw it back if you like! Recently, I have not been feeling well, as well as I thought I should at this point anyway. So, on way to doc's the other day, wife has some questions about meds, as we're perusing the med totals, we realize that we have transposed some numbers in terms of dosaging. I have been taking about 1/5 of the recommended dose of pred!! LOL...wife was very upset, I was happy...I am surviving on less than they think I should be taking! Of course, I was not feeling very well, now that I'm back on regular dose, I do feel better, daily.

So, what are some other WG gaffes we may learn from? Got any interesting stories, well, they ALL are interesting, so just toss something interesting our way here!! LOL...take care all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was first diagnosed 11 years ago or so, I did not know much about wegeners at all-I only learnt to spell it 3 months ago. Towards the end of my treatment I was feeling good and I thought "well enough of this" and I quit taking all my meds-I had been on prednisone for 2.5 years. That is all.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not recall, when speaking to my health care provider, the words "satisfied my deductible" in reference to payment. Very frustrating, then I thought perhaps it was early onset of whatever the name of that disease is. We stared at each other for a good ten seconds before she filled in the blanks. Humbling.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    When I was first diagnosed 11 years ago or so, I did not know much about wegeners at all-I only learnt to spell it 3 months ago. Towards the end of my treatment I was feeling good and I thought "well enough of this" and I quit taking all my meds-I had been on prednisone for 2.5 years. That is all.
    That is all? That could have killed you.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say I goofed or gaffed at all. Not from what I can remember.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    What happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have messed up on several times. Mostly, I forget to take my evening meds, but that's not terribly henious as I eventually remember.

But on one occassion I OD'ed. I accidently took my morning meds instead of my evening meds. I was even sober! I just opened the wrong pill-minder container. The morning meds have my cortisone, thyroid medicine, and 6 or 7 other things. The steroids were the ones I was concerned about because you can go into steroid psychosis (been there and don't want to do it again). But nothing happened other than being wide awake for the next 10 hours. It was actually nice to know that I could mess up without being in dire danger. Unfortunately, my untimely and unplanned test happened while I was camping in the mountains. I decided on that day that I would limit my travels to the limits of my cell phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all have forgotten to take our meds at one time. recently when going on vacation I put my meds into one bottle to keep in my purse since I always divide between purse, carry on and check in baggage. Welllll, I forgot that I put caplet Advil in the bottle and while taking my meds thought that it was my Nexium, which looks almost the same. Talk about heartburn. I thought it was the Hawaiian food or even water. I was ever so glad I finally looked into my regular Nexium bottle and discovered the mistake. My stomach thanked me by being a happy tummy for the rest of the vacation.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my main problem has been remembering IF I've taken my meds. Yes, I have a pill organizer, but haven't been using it lately. Luckily, right now, messing up on the meds wouldn't cause a huge problem, I don't think, as I usually can figure out what I did, and taking too much wouldn't kill me. But this thread is a good reminder to be more organized. I do remember counting my remaining Cytoxan pills to see how many I've taken. Wish I could think of a more interesting gaffe.... maybe one will occur to me.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    That is all? That could have killed you.
    I know that now but I did not know it then. I was very clueless. Maria, I hurt alot for a few days but then I was okay. I would never do it again'
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast