User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegener's faux pas & dumb mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i was new (lol still am) they had me on antibiotics attempting to decide what i had. Well I did not know what i was taking was like a really strong sudafed( cant spell it, they give it to people 4 snot)...and then I took like maybe 2 or possibly 3... I ended up with best friends mom (a doctor) on the phone explaining 2 me why I was shaking and that no I did not have to go to the ER again that week, just drink A LOT of water. to OD is not fun.....I have a month long pill reminder box now
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rini View Post
    I have a month long pill reminder box now
    NOW that's organization, I can't remember from room to room!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest faux pas was getting this thing in the first place.......I'd love to have someone/thing to blame
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the pills I take daily, I often forget to take my vitamins, now I keep them in my "serious" pill box b/c having then in a separate vitamin box was too easy to forget.
    I like the month long box, I think I need to get one of those...mine is a week long now.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only trouble with a pill organizing box is remembering to fill it up once it's empty! Gotta have more self-discipline, I guess. But it's a big job for even a weekly box, especially if pill-splitting is involved, so quite a chore for a monthly one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for dumb mistakes not related to forgetting meds: I sell pottery at an outdoor market and yesterday undercharged a customer by $20! I am capable of dumb mistakes and confused thinking under these circumstances anyway (out in the cold, end of year goofiness, etc.), but it is certainly intensified by Wegener's and the drugs, especially the tapering of prednisone!

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    As for dumb mistakes not related to forgetting meds: I undercharged a customer by $20! it is certainly intensified by Wegener's and the drugs, especially the tapering of prednisone!Anne
    Blame it on the drugs, I blame everything on the drugs nowadays...mostly cuz I just don't really know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Blame it on the drugs, I blame everything on the drugs nowadays...mostly cuz I just don't really know...
    Yep, I have used the phrase "it must be the drugs" more times than I can count!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sister gave me the box when i was on lots of narcotics & had to do 4 times a day...I sharpied times down the side, so each week was just a dose...all 4 Mondays on the same day. i do not currently have to split pills and I pick them up every 4 weeks so I don't have to remember to fill it, just put them all in on pick up day. I like ur phrase!
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was newly diagnosed and had only been home one day, I went to take my pred with breakfast. I was in horrible shape and extremely weak. I had also just been on pulse steroids in the ICU (1,000 mg/ day), which destroys your memory. I began eating breakfast but couldn't remember if I'd taken my pred. The person with me had memory problems and she couldn't remember, either. We actually had to empty the whole bottle of pred and count the pills. We kept losing track and had to start over. It was hilarious and terrifying all at once. I used to have a pretty sharp mind.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast