Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to call ourselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What to call ourselves

If we stop using the name Wegeners Granulomatosis for our fun disease and start using the new name Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis, what are we going to call ourselves? We will have to stop using weggies, would granules or pollys be ok? Come on lets have some suggestions.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't use the new name and neither will my doc so I will always be a Weggie.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you and you doc, I really cannot see why the name needs to be changed after all these years. That is realy the point of my thread to show the stupidness of the change.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we can all be GranPA's ?
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats really cool Bob!!

I agree with the others here, I will always be a Weggie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see no good reason why they decided to change the name other than someone wanted a bit of publicity for themselves. Weggie for ever!
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually understand it, but think it is silly. A name is just a name. I think the man was morally reprehensible, but that doesn't mean he should have his name blotted out. I'm probably weird though, kind of a history junky.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I actually understand it, but think it is silly. A name is just a name. I think the man was morally reprehensible, but that doesn't mean he should have his name blotted out. I'm probably weird though, kind of a history junky.
    I guess im in the majority of one, but the fact that the name can be linked to the Nazis actually makes it a better name for the disease. Whatever name/word you can think of to describe them, relates very well to one aspect or another of WG, Nasty, evil, sneaky, morally reprehensible and so on.

But I do agree that its only a label and on life’s list of great things to worry about, it comes very low down on the list BUT if i die from this disease and some snotty nosed Dr enters GPA as cause of death, I promise that I will come back and haunt them forever!!!!!
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Along the lines of Weggies...we could be GRANNIES...but that could get confusing, hahahaha
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    In the Europeen mainland/on the continent the occupation by the nazi's and the crimes against humanity they committed will never be forgotten. People of the post-war generation learn the stories of their parents and grandparents, in school during history lessons their is much awareness of the misery caused by the second World War.

When I was in Hawaii. I visited Pearl Harbour, where the American involvement in the worldwide battle begun during the years 1940-1945.
    To see the memorial there had a great impact on me, because I also saw the 'killing fields' in France, where so many American men were killed by the German nazis.
    Europe wouldn't be the same today, we owe our freedom here to the allied partners, which we never will forget.

But, to stay on topic, I also like the name 'Weggie'.
    If Wegener hadn't described our disease, who WOULD have?
    That is still the question, I suppose...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast