Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: onatreetop update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck on your surgery and hope both of you can lower the ctx regiment soon.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope your surgery went well, let us know when you can. Sending lots of easy hugs
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well its done. got my new hip monday and at rehab now. going home in xmas eve they are saying. all well and they ended up replacing 1/3 of the bone. They went with porcelin. And said it last longer. Mobility is good gettiing out of rehab early. walking with walker and a bit sore of coarse. ice it alot and staying medicated seem to be the key. taking it one day at a time.

i am glad its done. It took awhile to get all the clearence letters and all the doc visits in but managed. I am amazed that the RA signed off okay even during the current flare but he did and I convincent him I could handle it. The surgen was the only one consered about the cytoxin. He said usually they take people off for 6 to 8 weeks but since the RA was okay with it they went a head. The recovery can take longer but we knew that. So far so good.......incision looks good the bruising is still there but fading. Pulm fuction is good. the heart rate is up but not preasure. so......valium is regularly on board. Cant wait to sleep in my bed at home. was taught how to go up and down the stairs get in and out of the car etc. I have learned a lot here. I have to say when it is knee time this is deffinatly where I am going to go for rehab.. otherwise feel okay. tired sometimes but able to rest for a change. Thinking about a catnap now.

Happy holidays!!! Hoping you are all well and or comfortable at least. wishing everyone a healthy New Year!!!!!
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all sounds good there Tree. I hope you have a good recovery and some new found mobility in the new year.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear your good report. Nice Christmas present to be done with it and able to go home again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to here your doing well and home. Have a wonderful Holiday season
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad it went well, Tree! Happy recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello out there! i have been on a whirlwind of doc appts. hospital stay for a couple days for iv antibiotics and high doses of predisone. back on cytoxin since december? november? cant remember. feeling the winter for the first time in my bones. I hate it hot but the cold hurts now. Been more tired and weaker. Feeling the weggie. RA and OA is bad hands and feet are contorting. she a neoroligist next week for neropithy in feet etc.
    Hips is good stiff once in awhile but better. got the flu that was fun.kids too. getting dental work cought up for all of us and eye doc appts new glasses. just keeping up with kids appts and mine is a fulltime job.
    our health insurance changed as of the first. no more hmo and also got a secondary throught the state to help for the copays and meds.

Diabetic now. type 2 of course. Taking a new med called bydereon once a week and it isnt so bad.

still working on disabilty........going to take forever. Just keep swimming and greatful for everyday i can do at least half of what i plan. hope all is well with all of you. Helen is doing much better also.
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, treetop. I'm glad both you and Helen are in at least better shape than earlier on this thread. I know it must still be a huge struggle day-to-day, dealing with all the issues and keeping 4 kids going as well. I'm sure your husband is a big help. I am alone and deal with everything myself, but have MUCH less severe problems than you do, for which I am grateful, and I admire you greatly for how well you keep a positive attitude and manage to keep doing at least half the things you want to. I don't know why getting disability would be a problem for you, and I hope that comes through soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop,

Hope you are feeling better. On your disability issue, do you have a contact person at the SS dept? In Nov 2012, SS announced that they are going to simplify the process for certain dx's and approve them more quickly. Weg's is one of the dx's on the list. I applied in Nov 2012, quit working in Aug 2012 and was approved within 10 days of my contact getting the app. It was a long app to fill out and I was astonished when I got my letter of approval. I won't get my first janitors (as my father called his retirement check) check until April, but it really took the stress off. Good luck to you!
    Jana
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast