Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: onatreetop update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh .......also forgot. my kids have been sick .so when they go in and get a script for antibiotics They usually automaticlygive me the same. So had the zpack and that stopped things from getting worse. now back to bactrim for 10 days.
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your health issues. I understand your panic when a new symptom appears. I have had several teeth just disintegrate while eating normal food and these have all needed to be capped. I thought it was due to my diabetes but realize the pred and other meds can also cause this problem. The osteoporosis from the preds can also contribute to this problem. I have gone through several of the panic states with new symptoms. Most recent one was blood and clots in my urine. Another one before that was developing gynecomastia and thinking I had either breast cancer or lymphoma as I was considered high risk for both because my my history of treatment for Wegs. Like Jack often said, Just because we have one problem, it doesn't mean we can't get another. Recurrent infections and fear of another or another flare are often present to it seems given our medical issues. Knowing this, and knowing our medical treatment team understand our health risks, and take these problems seriously, helps us get the necessary treatment to help us get through these problems. Hoping you get through your issues soon. Best wishes for better health and happier days.
    Last edited by drz; 09-30-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you once more it is easy to forget sometimes that wg doesnt come back the way it did before. guess 3 and a half years isnt much exprience to look back on yet either. between allergies this new sars like illness and well niles floating around i might have to live in a bubble. just kidding. I hope to get answers this week and some relief mentally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes, Lake Tahoe... I've been there many times. The water looks so inviting to jump into, but usually quite cold! I've swam in smaller mountain lakes in the High Sierra, too.... very wonderful experience that will probably not happen again. My avatar is one of the southernmost inlets of Puget Sound in Washington State. In fact, it is across the street from my house, taken from my sister's deck. We can swim there, too, and the water is warmer than Lake Tahoe, in the summer, anyway! But I don't, for various reasons, including the stinging jellyfish, the rough and mucky beach, and the salt water. Not that I wouldn't if I felt like it, but I don't.

I was very surprised when one of my molars just broke off one day, when I had no idea there was nothing wrong with it. It didn't even hurt, and the dentists and staff were amazed at my high threshold for pain. I still think it was rot from neglect of teeth, but do believe that steroids, etc. can cause problems, and I take Fosamax, which also carries some risks of jaw necrosis. My dentists know all about that. So if I keep getting xrays and checkups anything like that should be caught in progress.

I hope your mental and emotional state improves soon, Treetop, as well as your physical one!
    Last edited by annekat; 10-01-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Ah, yes, Lake Tahoe... I've been there many times. The water looks so inviting to jump into, but usually quite cold! I've swam in smaller mountain lakes in the High Sierra, too.... very wonderful experience that will probably not happen again. My avatar is one of the southernmost inlets of Puget Sound in Washington State. In fact, it is across the street from my house, taken from my sister's deck. We can swim there, too, and the water is warmer than Lake Tahoe, in the summer, anyway! But I don't, for various reasons, including the stinging jellyfish, the rough and mucky beach, and the salt water. Not that I wouldn't if I felt like it, but I don't.

I was very surprised when one of my molars just broke off one day, when I had no idea there was nothing wrong with it. It didn't even hurt, and the dentists and staff were amazed at my high threshold for pain. I still think it was rot from neglect of teeth, but do believe that steroids, etc. can cause problems, and I take Fosamax, which also carries some risks of jaw necrosis. My dentists know all about that. So if I keep getting xrays and checkups anything like that should be caught in progress.

I hope your mental and emotional state improves soon, Treetop, as well as your physical one!
    I see the dentist every three months as recommended for diabetes and now GPA. I have had x-rays and got clean bill of dental health only to be back in a few days later with a shattered tooth. Dentists can't detect those problems till they happen. The dentist tells me the risk from Fosomax taken orally on a weekly basis is real low so I keep taking it and wonder if it is doing any good. Will get another bone density test next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're VERY strong.

Wishing you well X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am or try to be as strong as i can for my children. They dont see me feeling sick often and if they do it seems the world falls apart. No support from spouse he is just another kid but with a job.

Lake Tahoe has very cold water. It is all snow melt water. as a kid i remember not being able to go in passed my knees. I could risk to say there is no other place quite like it. amazingly breath taking.

got word from RA to cut steriods dose and see if the swellling goes down. if not he said double it. I go in again monday. The labs are still on my mind.

my mother is moving to Washington this next month. near billingham i think. I dont know how she is going to make it through the winter with all of her medical issues. The pain at low temps ouch. I dont like being a weather forecaster either.
    I need rest and some help. Going to see what kind of help i can get from the state. Cant work as much as I need to and keep what we have. frustrating more than anything really. again .......one day at a time. Thats it. hoping for more comfort and understanding after the first doc appt.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL to the dental issues! I've spent a FORTUNE at the dentist since dx! I've lost count on the number of crowns and cavities! Two extractions, too. It's hard to believe all of this happened in just a year, but I've been told prednisone is crazy on the teeth, too!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I need to go to the dentist more often now that I have WG but I can't afford it right now! So will have to wait a couple months when I know there is some extra money coming in. I know my teeth that were extracted were rotten inside, they didn't just shatter. But these stories from you all do make me wary. One of the extractions was a molar with a gold crown, so maybe I can make some money off that! But it won't be anywhere near the cost of the original crown.... that was in 2005, and I was told I should have that rotting wisdom tooth next to the gold crown tooth taken out, and like a dummy, I didn't do it when I had the money for it. That would probably have saved the gold crown tooth. As far as Wegs goes, I think it may have exacerbated the receding of my gums, as I noticed it had gotten more extreme around the time of dx.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have another doc appt with ra today. that makes 7 visits in three weeks? they see me and then setup another fallow up. The doctor is going to think i am a stocker or something.
    I figure with all the insurance has paid and my self that all my doctors and there great great grandchildren are set for life plus some.
    I am going to try and findout about a dental school to do the work if i can find one that isnt hours away. i know some parents that had there kids braces done that way and saved over 3000. definatly worth looking into. Otherwise the teeth are going to get worse instead of better.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast