Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: onatreetop update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I am interested in anyone of that age who has Wegs. I myself plan on at least another 20 years, which would make me 80. I've been wondering just lately how many really elderly people there are with Wegs and how many are doing well or in remission. I hope I'm not being too optimistic. I hope Helen and you both will show some improvement soon, tree! And I'm glad you met each other.
    I wonder about this too. I feel all my time left is a bonus with no idea of how long the bonus will last. Things like Al's sudden departure remind us how transient and uncertain life can be. If we make it to 80, what will life be like. In my fantasies, they will have a cure for GPA by then so we won't have all these medical crises to deal with on an ongoing basis. But how many today are trying to manage Wegs in their 80's and how is is going for them? Good question? Like many retired people I have the fear of running out of money before I run out of time although my history of GPA and damage caused by it and diabetes greatly reduce the odds of this happening. I now function about the same as my fellow residents in our assisted living complex even though most are much older than I. I just have more medical appointments and issues than most of the others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    Thanks and nice to met you also. Me at 44 with three teenagers and a nine year old things get a bit crazy. I am hoping to make it to see my grandchildren thats my hope. Not that I want anytime soon either. Maybe 10or 15 years and hope to see them grow. Cant wait to see my kids as parents. I need to call Helen and see how she is. She asks and talks about me at the docs office and enjoys that she can talk to me about what is bothering her and answer questions about our docs also.
    I'm 60 with no kids or grandkids, just a couple of cats. So I have it easy in that respect.... coming from a big family I can imagine all the commotion going on while you are going thru your health problems. If you meet Helen outside the Drs. office, you should probably go to HER house!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I wonder about this too. I feel all my time left is a bonus with no idea of how long the bonus will last. Things like Al's sudden departure remind us how transient and uncertain life can be. If we make it to 80, what will life be like. In my fantasies, they will have a cure for GPA by then so we won't have all these medical crises to deal with on an ongoing basis. But how many today are trying to manage Wegs in their 80's and how is is going for them? Good question? Like many retired people I have the fear of running out of money before I run out of time although my history of GPA and damage caused by it and diabetes greatly reduce the odds of this happening. I now function about the same as my fellow residents in our assisted living complex even though most are much older than I. I just have more medical appointments and issues than most of the others.
    I'm sorry you are in worse shape than I at this point, drz, but your good attitude will do a lot for you. I have the same fantasies as you do, that either there will be a cure or they will find better ways to treat GPA and other AI diseases, and cancer, too, for that matter!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sad to hear about all you're going through, onatreetop! Did your docs explain why the spine surgery was canceled? Meanwhile, I'd get at least one more opinion on it from a different clinic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treetop so sorry for all the pain and suffering you are going through. Glad you let us know what is going on. Thinking about you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Treetop so sorry for all the pain and suffering you are going through. Glad you let us know what is going on. Thinking about you.
    What is the latest for you? Any promising news yet? Hope some relief is coming for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I am not doing as well as act too. the monster is back and decided to come back in a different place, It has always been my hands and mildly all joints with pulm function decline. This time it has surprised me in my right foot. I dont remember bracking any toes but it started with one swollen toe than the ball of my foot now the whole foot. Got it to dr. Soloway first thing monday. suffered through the weekend. also know if it were just broken the er would just wrap it to the toes next to them. so i tried that and it was no help. started feeling that lovely flu like aching as the foot got worse. it has been 11 weeks since my rituxan infusion and it isnt lasting the 4 months it is meant too . Doc wants to do 4 infusions a week apart. rx company is good to go . the insurance company is what we are waiting for. We where all hoping to start this week because of the conituing wg. He upped the medrol to 36mgs til next week.

he explained that if I were to go back on cytoxin I would have to wait 6 months til the rituxin is out of my system. he said if he did put me on it now it would kill me. Calcium levels in blood are high as well as the other report. Get two new docs to check thyriod and blood disese docs next tuesday.

The pain clinic is really getting me mad. I have been calling everyday for a week to get in to up the pain meds with the increase in pain but no response. soloway said he will back me up so they will. have to get them first.

I have also decided to apply for every assistance i can get for the government. i am not able to work as much as i need too.
    going for second round of back injection tonight. He told me he would give me hip injection at the sametime. yeah!!!!!!hope it works for the pain in the dead bone femur area and bring back the feeling in the leg and foot leftside.

Talked with Helen last night. she has had a bed couple of weeks. She went in for the lower Gi and had palups removed. Then after surgery went home and started hemrging baddly. back to the hospital and 6 blood transfusions and 2 surgerys she is home but still getting out of the hospial lag. The weakness etc. Asked her if she would like to go to lunch when she is up to it. we were on the phone for an hour and a half. She thanked me repeatedly and i her.

Also found out about a newbie in soloways care. The infusion manager gave her my number like i asked her too but no call yet. she seems to be having bad headaches after infusion. so i asked the manager is she drinking enough water while infusion is being done. she hasnt. so the manager said she will delute the rituxin with more saline next visit.

cant believe the docs and nurses are asking me for advise??? I often am asked if i am a nurse but have no college ed. just real life experience for about 15 years with my mom and now myself.

Helen said to thank all of you whom i refer too a lot. she wishes she could do this but they dont have a computer or any idea how to use one.

the new weggie is young but dont know how young.
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry things are so rough now for you. Hope they get better soon. Thanks for update. it is good you have some people to think about and try distract you a little from your own difficulties. Best wishes for smoother water soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tree, you have had a very bad ride lately.........I second what drz said and also hope you get better soon.
    Surely things have to start looking up for you.

Take it easy and take care
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another of us thinking about you and hoping for the best! How flattering to have the staff asking YOU about treatments! And a bit scary, too, since they should be the trained experts! Keep on teachin'...

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast