Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: onatreetop update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG......I almost forgot.........I finally after 3 long years befriended another weggie! face to face. met at the infusion room 2 monthes ago. There is a forty year difference but we still talk to each other at least once a week. turns out there are 5 at my RA. Still waiting to run into them too. We keep eachother informed and try to comfort each other as much as possible. she is much worse off than I but we see a lot of the same docs now and compare notes.
    see from another view.......on a tree top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad to hear the O2 is working for you. It is always nice to meet a fellow Weggie and compare notes and visit. How old is this other Weggie?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helen is 75 years old. originally from here met her husband from germany then moved there and raised the family. now the kids are grown and decided it was time to come back. she is a sweatheart. Her husband is sweet also. The first time I met her she sent her husband home to get us soup to have while we sat in infusion for 6 plus hours.She was dx,d in 2005 and hospitalized 3 monthes. had kidney problems mostly. The O2 is healing hope with the changing weather I can let up on it.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a tree top --- do you think she would be interested in telling us her story? She sounds like someone we would enjoy knowing! Glad you are "connected" to someone nearby!

KB
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    Infusion was 6weeks ago. Feel like poop for to many different reasons, Rib and back pain not enough rest. this blasting humidity. Ended up in the er 2 more times. keep losing the felling in left leg and foot. I
    know I have back problems but the last visit an xray not the mri or catscan told them I have a compressure fracture at T10. lol.......really? I have slightly buldging disk everywhere else but T 10? Now we are working on the cement surg. They want it done asap. I believe I did it weeks ago when I was in a lot more pain but the other testing didnt pick it up.Have my upper Gi scheduled for this week as well as another eco. New cardio doc believes I have had a heartache from the ekg he did. I am falling apart and melting down with it
    Will fixing fracture also restore feeling in left leg and foot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the plan. They will do one of two things..............make the canal space larger with the ballon so nerves have more space and fill in around it or hopefully just fill in the spaces in the fracture. Findout more after another mri.

I have told Helen all about this sight but being older and not into computers she really has no communication other than the phone. I am hoping that we might get to visit outside the docs office someday soon. maybe I can bring the computer with me and hope for some wifi? I know she has said she feels kind of cut off from the world because of it. I will definatly try. I am still trying to findout who the other 3 people are. hipa and all that. The only thing said to me is one is very young, teenager. Hope to findout without pasting my phone number all over the office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay let me see if I can get all this in the right order......I crushed t12 vert. was scheduled for the cement injection then had another mri and canceled the surgery. Had injections instead 6 of them 3 discs. Leg still numb hip still numb and burns sometimes. ecocardiogram waiting for results. upper GI 3rd time dialated again. Seems to last about monthes. mri of hip on monday the talk is new hip have to wait and see. wacked my elbow hard need xray hurts like heck. can move it some but apply pressure or push and cant use it. cant find a comfortable position at all. Labs came back scary. neutrophils over 10000. Thats not good in any way shape or form. So now I get to figure out if there is an infection or what? It was a busy week. pain is bad. Sleep is less. I am a mess and falling apart. got to start using forteo for bone growth hopefully. Went to the pharm. to pick up a 30 day supply and didnt get it. It was 1800.00. So I called the company to get it from them for free. Well saw the endo doc and guess what they had samples for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! three monthes worth and a bunch of the other meds on my list also ! Happy Birthday and merry christmas early thank goodness. The rate I am braking I didnt have much time to wait. This week should be less eventful I hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    On a tree top --- do you think she would be interested in telling us her story? She sounds like someone we would enjoy knowing! Glad you are "connected" to someone nearby!

KB
    I am interested in anyone of that age who has Wegs. I myself plan on at least another 20 years, which would make me 80. I've been wondering just lately how many really elderly people there are with Wegs and how many are doing well or in remission. I hope I'm not being too optimistic. I hope Helen and you both will show some improvement soon, tree! And I'm glad you met each other.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks and nice to met you also. Me at 44 with three teenagers and a nine year old things get a bit crazy. I am hoping to make it to see my grandchildren thats my hope. Not that I want anytime soon either. Maybe 10or 15 years and hope to see them grow. Cant wait to see my kids as parents. I need to call Helen and see how she is. She asks and talks about me at the docs office and enjoys that she can talk to me about what is bothering her and answer questions about our docs also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    okay let me see if I can get all this in the right order......I crushed t12 vert. was scheduled for the cement injection then had another mri and canceled the surgery. Had injections instead 6 of them 3 discs. Leg still numb hip still numb and burns sometimes. ecocardiogram waiting for results. upper GI 3rd time dialated again. Seems to last about monthes. mri of hip on monday the talk is new hip have to wait and see. wacked my elbow hard need xray hurts like heck. can move it some but apply pressure or push and cant use it. cant find a comfortable position at all. Labs came back scary. neutrophils over 10000. Thats not good in any way shape or form. So now I get to figure out if there is an infection or what? It was a busy week. pain is bad. Sleep is less. I am a mess and falling apart. got to start using forteo for bone growth hopefully. Went to the pharm. to pick up a 30 day supply and didnt get it. It was 1800.00. So I called the company to get it from them for free. Well saw the endo doc and guess what they had samples for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! three monthes worth and a bunch of the other meds on my list also ! Happy Birthday and merry christmas early thank goodness. The rate I am braking I didnt have much time to wait. This week should be less eventful I hope.
    Sorry to hear about stress and troubles but it seems most likely things will get better for you soon. Hope the new meds do what they hope for you. Best wishes for better health and less stress in your life.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast