Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: onatreetop update

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    Happy New Year!!!!! Hands doing great. My car on the otherhand I am afraid played chicken with a telephone poll and lost for the most part. I dropped a key picked it up and cut the wheel as hard to the left as I coulds with with the spilt second I had. Saved myself from a head on but still shaky. The EMTS checked me out no cuts or bad hits. Promissed to go to to the ER if the I had problems. Rested the rest of the day. Made all the calls . So from what I have heard the next day is the worst and will findout if anything is not right. Side airbags opened but not front. So I got hit to the side abit while I was wearing my new glasses which are fine. Afraid the car is totaled. Bummer nicest car I ever owed or probably will. I know a car can be replaced and am blessed to have made that left turn or my family and children would be without me. Hard to believe after so many years and witnessing accidents by the hundreds on the same road and so many polls down and replaced over the years that its happened to me. My oldest son was home and rode his bike in 30 degrees because I couldnt get my husband or find him. He eventually drove by and stopped to help empty out my car. Got me home and havent left te house yet. Missed 2 doc appts. today. oh well can start again in the am.
    It's wonderful that you made your move at the right time, Tree, though it must be tough dealing with the aftermath. Happy new year, indeed! But...stuff...happens, and we move on. Toward that end, I advise you to get out of the house soon, if only for a walk. It is therapeutic to be part of the bigger world. Secondly, I vote strongly for you to visit a really good massage therapist. Every part of your body will thank you!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again another reminder............thankful for everyday I wake up. How you doing? It has been a while Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al that does give me something to think about doing it has been a long time since I have seen the ciro. He kind of got put on the back shelf with all the other doc appts. I will wake up in the am and start over again. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing good, can't complain...busy with kids, dogs, doctors and denist. I too am thankful to wake up everyday and eat, drink, walk and talk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al that does give me something to think about doing it has been a long time since I have seen the ciro. He kind of got put on the back shelf with all the other doc appts. I will wake up in the am and start over again. Thank you.
    As I opined in another thread, healing, of all kinds, comes mostly from within. This starts with feeling good. You owe it to your overstressed body to do something nice for it!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all for it right now. i have cut my work back so I can be home more regular hours for the kids. And also try to schedule work and appts. durring the day. It has been taking a toll on all of us. The docs and time and money but if it meeans me feeling better than not I go and do it for myself and kids. Husband is still in denyl about me having wg. he thinks its a doc scam etc. Yet he wont go to an appt with me to here it from the source. Anyway, i do try and still will to take care of myself. I had 5 appts for this week but missed mondays and todays. See the RA in the am thats the one that counts, Got labs back and numbers are boarder line. See whats next. Just had the infusions last month so I was hoping they would be better than worse. Will update again wednesday. Thats for letting me bend your ears this evening. There is something very leveling about this group of good souls even as the names change. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all for it right now. i have cut my work back so I can be home more regular hours for the kids. And also try to schedule work and appts. durring the day. It has been taking a toll on all of us. The docs and time and money but if it meeans me feeling better than not I go and do it for myself and kids. Husband is still in denyl about me having wg. he thinks its a doc scam etc. Yet he wont go to an appt with me to here it from the source. Anyway, i do try and still will to take care of myself. I had 5 appts for this week but missed mondays and todays. See the RA in the am thats the one that counts, Got labs back and numbers are boarder line. See whats next. Just had the infusions last month so I was hoping they would be better than worse. Will update again wednesday. Thats for letting me bend your ears this evening. There is something very leveling about this group of good souls even as the names change. Thanks again.
    Note to your husband: I understand your distrust of doctors. In point of fact, there is a grain of truth in the "scam" charge: The industry is happy to take your money whether the practitioners can actually help you or not. But Wegener's is a very real disease, and potentially a fatal one. But, these days, it can be controlled--usually--though even when controlled, most sufferers have tons of problems, ranging from cramps, rashes, and joint pains, to hearing loss, blindness, inability to breathe, and, in the worst cases, failing lungs and kidneys. While it is true that medicine has no cure for this disease, it is also true that without it, most of us with the ailment would be dead, and our families without loved ones. This treatment may be incomplete, because of incomplete knowledge, but it is no scam.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi onatreetop and Happy New Year.

Ouch, your poor car. I am so glad you are okay, all things considered and hey, a car is just an object and can be replaced........you , my sweet, cannot.

I was also involved in a rather nasty incident prior to my WG diagnosis (a double semi decided it wanted to squash my little car) and thankfully for me I was not hurt at all ......but the next day, I could barely move .........ached all over.

Maybe do as Al suggests...... but either way try and get some rest, maybe a hot bath or shower and lots of sleep. Things always look better in the mornings .....but not for your car, unfortunately.

Take extra care of yourself these next few days and remember to always ...............
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh gosh, Tree. That's the last thing you needed! I'm glad you have a chiropractor already though. Don't wait to get in, okay? Hope you feel better quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Doing good, can't complain...busy with kids, dogs, doctors and denist. I too am thankful to wake up everyday and eat, drink, walk and talk.
    That's great, Elephant! Where did you get to on your pred taper?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast