Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Presentation Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    What's a projector? Mimeo machine? Eraser? Pencil? New century, new devices! Oh, and new people too! LOL
    Oh no - dont tell me overhead projectors didnt make it across the pond? This is the zucchini debacle again (shudders). lol.

There is another good comedian called Adam Hills - lovely Aussie bloke whose DVD i've just bought and he does a wonderful segment on deaf people and has someone there signing as he talks. The reason, i suspect, is that Adam only has one leg and has a false one which he once showed to the whole audience on a taping of Mock the Week (UK only). Genuinely lovely boke and you should look him up.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious Leigh, what type of carpet do you have?

And time, for example, is just created for man's convenience. So when the end of time comes it will cease to exist.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It came with the house, its tan in colour and needs to be replaced. The carpet in the basement is bright pink. I dont like it one bit.

freaky???? boke? what is a boke? I have heard of a bloke but not a boke? did you forget the l or am i just that uneducted in your funny version of the english language. I think it is the former not the latter eh?
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot me L. lol - sorry if this confuses you Leigh. I will be blaming the pred and not my typing skills for that one.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pay more attention!!!
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should start with "ever heard of someone having to take chemo but doesn't have cancer?" Bet you that gets everyone's attention right off the batt - you did take chemo right? It's always good to hit on all the misinterpretations people have of GPA. Also, how about explaining the difference between steroids - you know the one the athletes take and then the Pred!

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I would go for self-mockery. Self-mockery is the greatest thing: It allows me to indulge my inner misanthropist without offending innocent parties, and the object of my scorn has to just sit there and take it with a stupid grin on his puss, like the risible boob he is.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a neat idea! You could open with a shocking statistic or something too....I forget the exact number, but I think it’s something like "1 in 30,000 people will be diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease called Wegener's Granulomatosis (Or GPA, whichever you prefer). I think the Vasculitis foundation has the correct facts.
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...lots of feedback. Thanks guys...I'll see what I can come up with
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can send you a picture of my imitation of the pulmanologists example of how i would look on the prednisone...
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast