Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: saddle nose surgery???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default saddle nose surgery???

so i just got clearance from my rhemo that i can get plastic surgery to get my saddle nose fixed. but i just found out that my insurance wont cover the procedure to them its cosmetic which sucks for me being that i cant work i have to come up with $2,600 dollars to get it done. which my mom is going to help me pay for it{what would i do without this woman by the way =-)} i am both excited and scared to get this done being that part of my rib has to be removed to make my new nose.. has anyone else gone threw this surgery before i would like to know what to expect etc.. i cant wait to have a nose again. but im really worried about the recovery..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't had the surgery yet...hope to get it in March or April of next year. But just wanted to wish you the very best of luck. Hope it is not too painful or the downtime too long...but it will be so worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a thread which was posted originally in May, called "saddle nose", which you might find helpful.

I'm shocked that they would consider the reconstruction strictly cosmetic, under the circumstances. Surely, your doctors could make the argument that being able to BREATHE properly is not a superficial problem! Have the doctors protested on your behalf?
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks yvonnea i really appreciate that... @ Chris my doc said that she contacted my insurance and they said medicaid will only pay for the rib extraction part of the surgery but im with you because i don't understand why they would consider it cosmetic when its the wegeners that caused me to have a saddle nose in the first place..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saddle nose doesn't always affect breathing. I suspect that's the case for you, nessa or else your doctor would argue that it's medically necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Saddle nose doesn't always affect breathing. I suspect that's the case for you, nessa or else your doctor would argue that it's medically necessary.
    Man, in Canada, if you have vericose veins that dont hurt or are large chested and it doesnt hurt your doctor will mark it down as medically needed due to pain. I guess thats bad but how can they say a saddle nose is not a necessary repair? Do they never think of the psycological damage something like this can inflict on a person? Far worse than back pain from a large chest.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Having a large chest doesn't just cause back pain, it damages the vertebrae irreversibly.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    how can they say a saddle nose is not a necessary repair? Do they never think of the psycological damage something like this can inflict on a person? Far worse than back pain from a large chest.

Well said Leigh!

Good luck nessa - please let us know of your progress and how the surgery goes.

Like Yvonnea i havent had surgery yet but its on the cards. I think i would be excited/ scared - as if having your nose fiddled about with isnt bad enough but they have to take a rib to do it. I've heard the rib part is more painful - i hope this helps!!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    (Having a large chest doesn't just cause back pain, it damages the vertebrae irreversibly.)
    Well my point is still the same...either way in canada a doctor will suggest to you that your back hurts due to the size of your chest and that you can have them reduced to avoid the pain. same with vericose veins.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ya, hi freaky
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast