User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuickCam Webcam came today!

Doug Guest

Default New QuickCam Webcam came today!

I got my new webcam today. Does anyone else have one? I still have to install Skype (I think it is), but I've taken an actual photo to use as my avatar. It posted rather easily, thanks to the cleverness of Andrew and his website! (That's my "peace lily" in the foreground. )
    Last edited by Doug; 04-09-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Doug Guest

Default ...and I posted on YouTube

My, my! Not only do I mumble, I didn't realize how thick my Nebraska accent has become. I posted four videos. If you are curious what I sound like or look like or, well, whatever, search for weggieboy on YouTube. In future, I'll work from an outline. Whew~!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on joining 21st centure of cyberspace. Nice artistic shot Doug.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Smile

Thanks!

I remember AT&T had a videophone out at one point where you had to go to special places to send a call. It was a failure, of course, but nobody would have predicted anything as convenient and small as a web cam! (relatively cheap, too)

Anyone thinking about Google Chrome should wait until Google works out the bugs. I know, from bad experience, that the current version can cause lots of file damage when you uninstall it (which you probably will, because it doesn't always install correctly). I'm still trying to straighten out the mess. I'm down now to some linkages lost. I like every other thing I've tried from Google, but would be hesitant to recommend anything by them for the time being. Let someone else find out the problems!
    Last edited by Doug; 04-09-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Doug Guest

Default My YouTube debut

YouTube - weggieboy's debut < < < double-left-click on this

You can do them too. (WARNING: There are remarks in this video about death, long term disease, and my personal faith as a source of strength during the vicissitudes of living with WG, then, later, a herpes zoster infection that cost me part of my jaw and still causes me great discomfort in the form of postherpetic neuralgia. They aren't intended to upset or convert anyone to anything. They are nothing more or less than one man's opinion. I hope that this format, like personal blogs, has validity as a way to connect with others about those things important in our lives. If not, I'll probably end my association with this forum and move on.)
    Last edited by Doug; 04-10-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that YouTube and Blogs are great vehicles for comments that might otherwise "upset the apple cart" here on the Forum. People can make their choice of whether to view them or not. Keep it up.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-10-2009 at 03:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watched your webcam and nice to see another weggie in the flesh(virtual).as for the other matter jack is right,on any social forum you can post beliefs and opinions and it is up to the individual if they wish to read and involve themselves in them.on here we're just weggies and that includes you doug.one big family
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Doug,

Saw your Youtube video. Very nice. You certainly don't look 61.

Over and Out,
    Phil of the north

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Doug,

I just watched your video. It sure is nice to see my neighbor to the south in person.
    crackers...john is right. We are all a part of the Wegs family and families should support and respect each other.
    I can't wait to see your next video.
    lisa

Doug Guest

We're here to encourage and inform each other. Those of us farther down the line in treatment can stand in for what newer Weggies can expect, good or bad. Those in the same early stages of treatment can encourage and inform each other as well.

There are so many different treatments I've learned about in the short time I've been reading this that it truly shows why each person has to become an expert in her or his treatment so the doctors realize you are a sentient being, not a medical experiment.

The differences in approaches around the world have been interesting, as have been the similarities.

Thanks for the positive remarks on the video. There are five posted now. I never shut up! Even I sit here in wonder! Haw! I'm a quiet, private person by nature, so those who know me best will be scandalized I even thought of doing this. Those of you who watch them, please feel free to make suggestions. It's an effort to encourage others outside our forum to look deeper into what being a Weggie means and that can mean many things as our personal histories shows. I also encourage them- Weggie viewers, if one ever shows up!- to join this forum, in one of the videos. I have little shame!

(p.s. Phil- My body's 61, but I feel like I'm 30 something. I enjoyed my thirties a lot, as, by then, I started to understand life enough not to think giving myself wedgies was fun! Haw! see below)

Speaking of YouTube, which to me suggests people younger than me doing stupid things (type in "weggieboy, and a dozen or so videos of people giving themselves or others wedgies also come up- not kidding!), I am amazed how many people in this forum are younger than middle age. Maybe it's related to familiarity with computers, so younger people are disproportionately represented here because they learned computer use in school whereas people in my generation can remember learning how to use slide rules (what!?). I used a computer a lot at work or I wouldn't feel comfortable using one otherwise, I'm sure. Any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by Doug; 04-10-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast