User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New QuickCam Webcam came today!

Doug Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Nup, she no work. Were you trying to link to your latest on YouTube?
    Yes, I was. I e-mailed Andrew a copy via the Web cam program. I've no idea how that will work. It's a large file, too big, I think for YouTube. Regardless, if we don't get it up on this forum, you're all invited over to my place for lots of beer (this is an Australian web site!), crisps, barbeque (no rabbit or any animal with cute faces or that you ride or that are named Patch, Peanuts, Snoopy, or....!), potato salad, and chilled Texas watermelon (maybe Mexican- it's a bit early for Texas by about a month). Seriously. You all can stay at my place! I'll feed the video into the larger of the two flatscreen TV's (not the one in the video, under the peregrine falcon print) I have, tell Kiwi and Ole and Helga jokes, and have a heck of a good time! Bring your Prednisone! (It affects people differently, as you know.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm on my way!!!

I'll await the arrival of the video and put it on the site for ya.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Doug Guest

Smile Take it where you will: Infection Control for Weggies

YouTube - Take it where you will: Infection Control for Weggies

Here it is, hot of the presses! Take where you will: "Infection Control for Weggies"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice job Doug! I look forward to your ramblings on WG. Thanks for getting the word out there.
    LIsa

Doug Guest

Default It took kissing Hell Bunnies. but here they are!

YouTube - Prednisone Part 3 0001

YouTube - Prednisone Part 2 0001

Here are links to the two videos based on a return to the little, green "Krazy Book", a diary I kept when on 80mg of Prednisone a day. I filmed for 17-plus minutes, which is 7-plus minutes too long for YouTube submissions. I found I had a rudimentary video editor program on my computer. (You know how they pack them with tons of stuff you probably will never use, and mostly because they pack your computer with tons of stuff you are not aware they are there!) I learned how to do a very rudimentary form of editing so I could break the material into easily gagged down chunks. Though I threw out a lot- you aren't missing any good stuff- I probably could have cleared out more deadwood if I didn't have to relive this material over and over to do it. It was painful.

(p.s. Thanks, Lisa! I hope others are encouranged to try something like this.)
    Last edited by Doug; 04-15-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: anti-"non sequitur" sculpting

Doug Guest

Default Is there no end....?

YouTube - Jazzy - on prednisone/still uncoordinated

Jazzy on Prednisone. (Dog had brain tumor. Never mind...)
    Last edited by Doug; 04-14-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Doug Guest

Default Vounteer

YouTube - VOLUNTEER: It's good for your health!

I've been YouTubing again. Watch at your own peril!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like it Doug! Especially the quote "service to others is the price you pay for the space you occupy". You must have had great parents!
    Lisa

Doug Guest

Lisa- Absolutely! They were high school sweethearts who married after five years of going together (!), and had a marriage that lasted 71 years and four months, until Dad died on Election Day, November 4, 2008. Dad was Chief of Police here. Mom was a substitute elementary school teacher, and taught Jim Reinders, the fellow behind Carhenge, when he was a grandschooler in a country school just out of town. They had two hand signals they gave each over when holding hands, which was quite often. If you knew about it, you'd see them doing it: three squeezes equalled "I love you," and five equalled "I love you very much". The night Dad died, Mom was sitting by his bed, trying to encourage him to breathe. I like to think they were sqeezing out hand signals, too, but I've never been able to ask Mom the question: I'd probably bawl if I found out they were. Yes, I am very proud of them!
    Last edited by Doug; 04-27-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug how lovely, now there is an inspirational love story. I am sorry about your dad and feel horribly for your mom. How is she coping. My dad passed away 20 years ago and my mom still mourns him, he was a very good man.
    Jolanta

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast