Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Green Tea good for weggies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Maria, big kudos to your daughter for doing her research and taking control of her health. Wow. I am really impressed.

Please don't hold her back. I cannot express how negatively that sort of thing impacts a person--like a bird trying to fly and someone keeps holding onto it! Let her research things and formulate her plans. She can take any questions to her doctor. Walking and green tea are perfectly fine. If she wants to do a lot of nutritional supplements it's best to see a holistic doctor for guidance.
    Sangye knows best, Maria. I would only add that be sure your holistic doctor, whether an MD or ND, is fully aware of the whole situation (that is, in fact, where the "holistic" part comes in!). Walking is an important part, I think, for several reasons. There are direct health benefits from the activity. It also counteracts the bone density loss common to prednisone users. And, perhaps most importantly, it is relaxing, and, if sometimes enjoyed with a companion (one's mother, for instance), it presents a perfect opportunity for sharing one's feelings. This is highly therapeutic as well!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very proud of her. Just surprised, she had kept quiet all this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    I am very proud of her. Just surprised, she had kept quiet all this time.
    And we are very happy for the both of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike tea - shock, horror how can an Englishman say that? - so what is green tea like? Do you have it with or without milk? If as good for us weggies as has been suggested then I have no real choice other than try it out.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the flavor of green tea. it is very different from black tea, its much lighter. you should give it a try. I drink mine without milk or sugar, but I also drink all tea without milk or sugar
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green tea, without sugar, complements food well, too. I think it is mostly what is served in Chinese restaurants. Here, you can get it in cheap generic brands or fancy expensive brands or everything in between, and with or without flavorings added. I go for the intermediate prices, without the flavorings, and look for it on sale. I'm not a tea connoisseur, but to me, it has a clean, refreshing flavor. And you can add a little milk or sugar if desired.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about tea as I can't stand it lol but the walking and exercise is all good as long as she doesn't over do it and make sure she stretches etc etc

She could also try swimming once or twice a week, I found it very helpful when I was first diagnosed as it is good exercise for your whole body without really putting much stress on any joints etc and also it doesn't feel like exercise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had doubts bcse of the caffeine and prednisone would make her to nervouse, shaky. Ive noticed some diet pills contain Caffeine. Im glad her research was well done a plus to green tea. I will let her know that the forrum has approved. She laughts that I have become so close with strangers. After I always taught her not to talk to strangers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    I had doubts bcse of the caffeine and prednisone would make her to nervouse, shaky. Ive noticed some diet pills contain Caffeine. Im glad her research was well done a plus to green tea. I will let her know that the forrum has approved. She laughts that I have become so close with strangers. After I always taught her not to talk to strangers.
    Maria, we are all pretty strange here, and some of us are really strange indeed. but we are not exactly strangers in the sense you mean. First, we truly are here to help, and secondly, if you feel otherwise, or if you you feel our advice is bad, inappropriate, or plain wrong, you can just ignore it! But, hey, if Christina wants to laugh at you (or us), that, too, is a good thing!

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some reliable sources but I think your right asking this lot. They always have answers with experience!
    In the hospital they used to make me walk as soon as I could as far as i could.my mom would get so nervous that I looked so bad but letting my body get stiff really did more harm than anything when I could not go. I ended up getting people to walk me like a puppy w/ my IV to the other end of the hospital & back....I also try to work in the yoga because it is less stress n the body & has helped me all around. I have noticed I can not mix Pred & caffeine very well...I end up like a little puddle on the floor but I do <3 green tea.
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast