Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why do I do this to myself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default why do I do this to myself?

Today is saturday and I end my work week on saturday. Saturday is also the hardest day of the week for me.

My sister in law who never stopped partying is having her end of the year all girls sleep over. I never go but this year we have grown closer and I cant make it to christmas so she "really wants me there". I was having a not terrible week this week-aka I can climb a flight of stairs in less than 10 minutes due to less pain than last week-so stupid me agrees to go. I think I forgot about saturday when I agreed. She has texted me 3 times about how excited she is that I am comming. Seriously? There will be at least 15 girls going why does it matter if I am there. She just texted me telling me how much fun I will have. I love her to death but she and her friends party like they did in 1999 and I did not party like that then so how am I gonna fake it for a whole night when all im gonna want to do is take some tylenol and sleep the night away. I dont know why I forgot how much saturdays kill me. I am gonna look like a freek limping around and wanting to sleep by 9-thats when they will just be starting. what are we 20??? No I think not, I am the youngest and I am 38. wish me luck
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got any ear plugs and a blidfold? That should help you get to sleep while they party. If you really feel tired then you are just going to have to rest or sleep, perhaps this way your sister-in-law will realise how ill you really are. Hope you do have some fun though.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't go Leigh. I would just be blunt honest with your sister-in-law and tell her the truth. I don't spare anyones feelings when I am feeling like crap. If they cannot understand that I am not able to make it because I am sick then too bad for them. ME comes first.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we dont disscuss my health. A part of me feels like I want to go cause I never have fun
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can still have fun. But I know what you mean. I feel I miss out on lots as well because of this darned disease. But I have also realized that I have made many new friends and do many new things as well.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little late jumping in here. I hope you're out having fun without exerting too much energy.
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    we dont disscuss my health. A part of me feels like I want to go cause I never have fun
    You might try my airline trick, Leigh: wear a mask. You don't have to discuss your health--the others will purposely not bring up the subject, and give you some space....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they going clubing? If its just staying over then maybe you will have fun. So it all depends what there planning on doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Leigh

I hope ya went and i hope you enjoyed yourself.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always hard to decide on things like that. Sometimes I do something fun even though I know it'll cost me many days of recovery.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast