Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I know how beautiful your part of the world is through photographs that my daughter is forever taking annd posting on FB for my enjoyment, the most recent being photos of the trees with their beautiful autumn colours. Nothing she would love better than for myself and her dad to visit there. My husband is keen but I have lost all trust in my body and I am sort of scared to venture abroad in case anything happens.
We are happy to be your traveling companions, Rose. Speaking of going on the road, I appreciate your fear of venturing out too far. Comfort zones are called that for a reason. But if you decide that you want to enlarge that zone (and I kind of hope you do, because looking outward and into the future is therapeutic), I have some tips for you. One I will tell you now, because I use it a lot, a way to get peoples ignorance of our disease to good use: I always wear a good filter mask on the plane. Not only does this help directly (airplanes can carry bad air around for all the hours of the flight), but if the plane isn't full, you often will get a row all to yourself. The other passengers will assume that you are contagious and ask to be moved. No, the point is that they are (or could be) contagious, but you could benefit from their mis-comprehension!

I'm glad you have found some local weggies in addition to your forum buddies. It all helps!

Al