Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have gotten skin tags for ever; no harm but they annoy me. I usually just put a little alcohol on them, then rip them out with a pair of forcepts or needle nose pliers. Depending on size of location, I have a times used a pair of finger nail clippers to dispatch the type of torture and torment they deserve. They bleed kind of profusely inially after being pluck, pulled, or pinched off, but then they give up and heal normally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    I have gotten skin tags for ever; no harm but they annoy me. I usually just put a little alcohol on them, then rip them out with a pair of forcepts or needle nose pliers. Depending on size of location, I have a times used a pair of finger nail clippers to dispatch the type of torture and torment they deserve. They bleed kind of profusely inially after being pluck, pulled, or pinched off, but then they give up and heal normally.
    What a Rambo, Vdub! I just let mine go until they, or I rot--whichever comes first. (A dermatologist advised me to take care of skin tags before going tuning 65, because Medicare wouldn't pay for their removal.)

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Vdup, I don't think I am brave enough to pluck, pull or pinch mine off. My father had then and he always tied something, i.e. thread dental floss and sometimes even a few strands of hair. He would tie it around the skin tag as close to whatever part of the body it was on just until it started to hurt. After a few days it would become engorged with blood and double in size. After about a week it will dry up and just fall off.
    I my have Wegener's Granulomatosis and that I can't change. What I can change is how I choose to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a few skin tags that I've had removed because they were large and/or in inconvenient places. The first time I had some removed, they snipped them off - no anesthesia of any sort. I was not a happy camper. The next time, they used cryogenic treatment (froze them). The same thing you described happened with the cryogenic treatment, as well. I was surprised when it got worse instead of better, so I called the doc's office back and they told me that was normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate giving myself more pain and I would prefer to have them removed with anesthesia.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking about warts this morning! I have one on the bottom of my foot that I need to do something about, argh! I also have many skin flaps and my local Family Doctor told me they are nothing to worry about so I haven't done anything about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    I hate giving myself more pain and I would prefer to have them removed with anesthesia.

I couldn't agree more. Pain causes stress, and we should avoid stress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father had then and he always tied something, i.e. thread dental floss and sometimes even a few strands of hair.
    Most excellent! I should have thought of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. Got'em all. Tags and warts... all since the lovely treatment. I too have a plantar wart on my foot which is getting bigger and bigger and more painful when I walk, and a few others that my doc is treating (but not the plantars wart on my foot, she wants to give that one special attention) I actaully had it when I was in my teens and had it surgically removed, but alas immune supression has awakened the beast.

Yes our treatment does bring out the 'beautiful' in all of us, doesn't it. Warts, skin tags, hairy faces, bald heads, fat cheeks, buffalo humps, big old guts.... all that good stuff and more, BUT it brings out some really special (and I'm not being sarcastic now) features from our insides.... kindness, compassion, generosity, grace under presssure, our true warrior spirit, so I think we're getting more out of it than it's taking from us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    , BUT it brings out some really special (and I'm not being sarcastic now) features from our insides.....
    Totally agree with that comment. I sometimes surprise myself with my 'new' outlook on life!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast