Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Warts

Yes, another lovely side effect of WG meds - being immune suppressed allows the virus that causes warts to become more active. I remember having one small wart on a finger when I was in my 20s. Got some Compound W and it went away very quickly.

Since my experience with Levaquin and Mtx (also I'm sure the Rtx immune suppression is still "active"), I've developed literally a rash of warts, mostly on my legs, but I just noticed one on my finger this morning. Has anybody else experienced this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    Yes, another lovely side effect of WG meds - being immune suppressed allows the virus that causes warts to become more active. I remember having one small wart on a finger when I was in my 20s. Got some Compound W and it went away very quickly.

Since my experience with Levaquin and Mtx (also I'm sure the Rtx immune suppression is still "active"), I've developed literally a rash of warts, mostly on my legs, but I just noticed one on my finger this morning. Has anybody else experienced this?
    Haven't had quite this problem, but it isn't at all surprising. Never mind exogenous infections; there are many dormant microbes already in the body that might come out to play when the "authorities" are kept in the barracks. I suspect this is precisely why I had to deal with shingles.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No bujt as Al says it isn't really surprising. Just one more little goody from our beloved disease.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are under my heavy breasts and when I asked to have them removed since they are just at the bra line and get inflamed, I was told to go and get a skin tag/wart remover. I honestly think that it is very important to have a doc that will go that exxtra mile for you when you need it. All's I can say, mine don't.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeap, I got them, too. After stopping the mtx, the body took over and is now suppressing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get to stop mtx just yet, but I do get to reduce my dose again. I sure hope the warts start backing off soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Mine are under my heavy breasts and when I asked to have them removed since they are just at the bra line and get inflamed, I was told to go and get a skin tag/wart remover. I honestly think that it is very important to have a doc that will go that exxtra mile for you when you need it. All's I can say, mine don't.
    Jolanta, are yours warts or skin tags? That site is a favorite for skin tags. I wish you had better doctors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    You mean there is a skin tag remover? I knew they had one to remove warts but not skin tags. I have lots of them including the place you mentioned. I won't get into size, but I doubt you come close to the cup size between between L and N.
    I my have Wegener's Granulomatosis and that I can't change. What I can change is how I choose to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skin tags, but I thought that since I had a cancerous one removed from around my eye, I was covered for abnormal growth (even tags) removal. I guess not
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK HypnoticEyez you win
    Jolanta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast