User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can certain vitamins help with WG???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default can certain vitamins help with WG???

can certain vitamins help with WG??? it seems like every time i take any kind of vitamin it makes me feel sick.. does anybody with WG get sick when they take certain vitamins or is it just me???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa View Post
    can certain vitamins help with WG??? it seems like every time i take any kind of vitamin it makes me feel sick.. does anybody with WG get sick when they take certain vitamins or is it just me???
    Your physicians will usually prescribe the type of vitamin supplement they think you need. Their lab work should indicate any deficiencies in minerals that require supplements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa View Post
    Nessa, you may just have a thing about pills in general (some days, I can hardly stand to slop mine down). The kidneys and liver deal with most of the various chemicals you digest; unless these organs are really stressed, and unless you have allergic reactions, it is probably not the specific vitamins that are causing you grief. Still, this is worth mentioning to your doc when you get a chance.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a host of vitamins and supplements that you should NOT take with wegs treatment or when you have wegs. I am sure Sangye will let you know soon all the types that are "verbotten" (forbidden) I take calcium, for the bones, vit B6 and B12, and folate to counteract side effects from methotrexate.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vitamin D and fish oil and a probiotic, folic acid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing that boost your Immune system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I forgot about the vit D which I also take. I don't like fish oild but I make a point to eat fish regularly.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Yes, I forgot about the vit D which I also take. I don't like fish oild but I make a point to eat fish regularly.
    Good, but watch out for the mercury....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couple of months ago, my rheumy suggested I start taking Ubiquinol CoQH with Kaneka (you can buy it through VitaCost). Shortly after I started taking it, my energy levels improved noticeably (it might also been that my treatments started kicking in as well - or the healing process got to a good place). Last week I ran out and had to order some more...but went a few days without them. My energy levels seemed to suffer (might have been a placebo effect...or the fact that I started back to work full-time). Take it for what it's worth - they aren't hurting...and I think they may be helping in regards to my energy levels -- which is something that really suffered with this disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nessa, I recommend that people see holistic doctors for their nutritional supplements. Not only do they carry better quality supplements, but they will determine the ones that you actually need. Medical doctors have no training in that. I don't ask my chiropractor to do surgery, and I don't ask my medical doctor to guide my nutritional concerns.

There are many reasons for a vitamin causing upset stomach. A holistic doc can figure it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast