Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new to this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    We're here for you Nessa! I think we've all felt some level of depression, and can relate to both that, and the frustrations of having this disease. It's a great group. Lay it on us!!
    I think if one isn't a little depressed after learning your diagnosis you must be in denial about the severity of what it can do. That doesn't mean it will always be a down hill road though as things can and usually do get better with treatment and time. There are for most of us ups and downs and it is struggle at times which is why we come here to share and to shore each other up as best we can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well stated drz, this is an up and down and somewhat emotional disease...we're better off learning asap that we need to be good riders and survivors, not just trying to 'beat' this...doesn't work from what I've read in here and other places...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Nessa, not to be trivial about WG but you do get to belong to a very exclusive club and will get to make some good friends through this site. We all know how frightening and daunting it all seems for you at the moment, but with the right treatrment things are not quite as bleak as they seem.
    yea i would love to have friends that understand what i went/am going threw.. so im glad i found this site it makes me feel better to know that im not alone...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im glad to know im not alone ,i get embarrassed talking about it sometimes. i think to myself why me.. but i guess i just have to learn have to deal with it.. i dont even kno how to being my story lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa View Post
    well im glad to know im not alone ,i get embarrassed talking about it sometimes. i think to myself why me.. but i guess i just have to learn have to deal with it.. i dont even kno how to being my story lol..
    You may have a rare disease but you are certainly not alone. As for being embarrassed about talking about WG, don't be you will probably have to keep reminding people that you are ill - you will get used to people saying "Oh you look too well to be ill".

If you want to have a good moan about how you feel this is the place to do so. At some time or another most of us feel down and need a good old moan and rant to get it out of our system. I totally know how you feel about "why me?", over 30 years ago I gave up smoking and for years I felt superior and clever that I have protected my lungs then along comes WG and has a chuckle at my expense.

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    well stated drz, this is an up and down and somewhat emotional disease...we're better off learning asap that we need to be good riders and survivors, not just trying to 'beat' this...doesn't work from what I've read in here and other places...
    I really like how you phrased that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would love to know your story?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long have u had wg for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I think if one isn't a little depressed after learning your diagnosis you must be in denial about the severity of what it can do. That doesn't mean it will always be a down hill road though as things can and usually do get better with treatment and time. There are for most of us ups and downs and it is struggle at times which is why we come here to share and to shore each other up as best we can.
    thanx im glad to know that im not alone i never talked to someone else that has wg before so it makes me feel a little better =)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa View Post
    i would really love to talk to someone im very depressed about having wg life just hasnt been the same.. thanx nessa:
    Hi Nessa, I just wanted to check back in and see how you're doing?? I sure wish I was in Florida today, it was 16 degrees below zero at my house when I woke up this morning and it's suppose to be colder tonight. Bbbrrrrrrrrrr! I hope you're doing ok! Best wishes, Kami

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast