Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Headaches, High Blood Pressure, Prednisone

Do you have HBP due to Pred?
    Do you/have you experienced headaches?
    Do you take BP medicine - what and how much (dosage)?

Would like to compare it to my recent prescription. Appreciate your help.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tobey, I didnt have headaches with prednisone, but I did have High Blood pressure from high doses of Prednisone. Some blood pressure medications can cause headaches, some more than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tobey, I have been on Pred for about eleven months, initially 60mg per day and have reduced now to 15mg per day and at no time have I been told I had high blood pressure nor had any headaches. That is not to say that you are having some form of allergic reaction, you really should see your doctor.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBEY32 View Post
    Do you have HBP due to Pred?
    Do you/have you experienced headaches?
    Do you take BP medicine - what and how much (dosage)?

David
    Hi, David. Everyone is different. For reference, here is my story on your questions. I have had high blood pressure ever since a severe bacterial infection in the early '90s.. It was, and remains, controlled by amlodipine (Norvasc). Before starting the prednisone regimen, I had cluster headaches maybe once a month or more. Interestingly, I have have pretty much headache free since (coming up on two years). But then, I actually lost weight on pred, which is not normal. And the pred has tapered from 60 mg to 10 mg. Blood pressure issues did not change from before pred to after. Another variable, anent headaches: Since having the major flare that introduced me to the joys of hospitals and steroids and such, I have been far more conscious of nutrition and gustatory concerns. So, maybe cutting salt to a minimum (among other dietary improvements) had an effect.

Al