Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding a air purifier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finding a air purifier

My family member is currently in college and I was thinking about shopping around for a good compact air purifier to have in her dorm. What's more important, to have an air humidifier or air purifier when you have wegners?

Does anyone regularly use an air purifier and finds that it helps with their breathing?

Can anyone recommend a good brand or model? I figured this would be the right time to look around, especially with Cyber Monday coming up.

Hammer & Schlemmer makes a nice looking small model that is only 2.5 pounds. The Mold and Germ Destroying Air Purifier (Small) - Hammacher Schlemmer

Honeywell also makes some that are compact and have good reviews. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Would greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a pretty big Honeywell i use in my bedroom. I think the size of the room is directly related to the size of the purifier needed. I have to say the one I have does a good job of keeping the air a bit cleaner where I sleep. That's my biggest concern as that was where I am having the most lung related issues. Though work is no picnic either due to a refinery across the street.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very important to have a good air purifier running at all times. The Honeywell you posted is not adequate. The only ones that are worth the money are "True HEPA." Honeywell makes several, depending on the size of the room. It's better to use a larger one than a smaller one. I have 2 running at all times.

Note: The good ones will have a carbon filter that have to be replaced about every 3 months, and a permanent filter that only needs to be vacuumed every few months and replaced in 3-5 years. The Honeywell True HEPAs have indicators for each filter. College kids can forget things, so if you do get him/her a purifier, mark your calendar to send reminders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    That is a really good price. You have two of these running in your place Sangye?

I honestly thought these were way more expensive. My aunt has a tiny one in her living room and she said she pain just under a grand. Are they noisy Sangye?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Thats the one I have too...works pretty well.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run them both on medium so they aren't silent. But they are just "white noise" not a rumbling or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to see if I can get some funding for some filters for the house. Do you recommend that I get one for each room? Like bedrooms and living rooms? My parents usually smoke in their bedrooms, so would it be advisable to put them in their as well?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I have never had one, don't know if the store bought ones would realy do a good job. I would think that for good benefit one would have to get a commercial unit that is good for the size of rooms we have.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    Hmm I have never had one, don't know if the store bought ones would realy do a good job. I would think that for good benefit one would have to get a commercial unit that is good for the size of rooms we have.
    What exactly are the size of rooms you have?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast