User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wg

Doug Guest

Lisa- Graphing your numbers is a great way to work off obsessiveness, it's so anal! But in the good sense of the word, of course!
    Last edited by Doug; 04-15-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: TYPO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take any encouragement I can get, I tend to eat out of stress, boredom, etc. I keep waiting for life to become alittle more stress free to make changes. I think I have to realize that waiting around does not always work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cindy
    You're right I have the same thing to much stress really puts me down and i have one of those feel sorry for myself days. But its easier said then done.
    Hope to hear from you
    Jenny T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too work with too much sress. It seems to be a part of my personlaity, but trying to exercise and working on the anti inflam diet, I am hoping to bring that stress level down.
    This week I had to fire someone from work and this causes me great stress and it is not something I enjoy doing. Plus covering the shifts becomes a problem and this has caused me great stressors this week. Consequently, I am not feeling well this week, but hoping it calms down here shortly.
    If anyone out there has suggestions (other than yoga....I would need time to get to a yoga class) let me know!

Lisa Coffeelover

Doug Guest

Deep breathing exercises worked for me, but the greatest stress reducer was taking early retirement. That may not be possible for you, but keep it in mind for the future.

Firing someone has to be the worst thing there is to do in a job. No wonder you are stressed this week. Picking up the work they did afterwards is stress on stress because you almost never truly know everything you need to know about how someone else's job is done until you try to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess our stress comes from all different angles. I haven't been working since November 2008. I am having alot of trouble with my eyes...double vision, blurred vision, they are red and very sensitive and my right eye has a mass that has developed so it has alot of pressure that is pushing on it. The majority of my stress comes from my children. My husband passed away in 2000 when my daughters were 9 and 10. They are now 18 and 19 and having a hard time with my illness. Some days they see me doing alot around the house, shopping etc. and then cannot understand how I can be sick and not go to work. After my husband passed away I made the mistake of doing everything for them and now I am having a hard time getting them to help without an arguement. Then they tend to fight amongst themselves and put me in the middle. Sorry for blabbing on and on about this but some days I could just go on and on. Thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can go on and on. We'll listen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cindy you blab all you want.that's what we're here for.and don't get me started on teenage childrenjohn

Doug Guest

Cindy, Cindy. I'm so sorry about your husband. And make it two for not getting me started on teenage children. Furthermore, it's unanimous: we're here to do what we can to help you, to help each other. I doubt anyone can appreciate what it's like to be a Weggie and try to have a "normal" life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your kind words. And yes teenage kids are at times a breed of their own. I try not to get to stressed but some days it is very trying. Don't get me wrong, they are good girls, I think that we have been through so much that they don't know how to deal with things, feeling, anger etc. we have tried counselling but in the end we go back to the same ways or use what we learned to further our own side of things. They have both graduated high school, the younger one this year, hold down jobs, have many friends, play sports etc so not all is lost. But again, thank you for listening...I must say that I do feel a little guilty about complaining but again thanks for listening.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast