Thread: Our Leader

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have problems connecting as follows:-

I am using Windows 7 - 64bit.
    If I use 64bit Internet explorer it seems to rarely connect at all, despite many refreshes.
    If I use 32bit Internet explorer it seems to connect after a couple of refreshes.

I hope this helps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol....sounds very helpful but i dont have the faintest idea of what you speak.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    lol....sounds very helpful but i dont have the faintest idea of what you speak.
    (Leigh, is it possible that your "LOLs" have overtones of...whining...? Nah, can't be.)

My own experiences: I use two different ISPs. On both, I have never had trouble with either until today, at which one failed utterly, though most other pages loaded perfectly. I also occasionally use the mobile phone. Usually it won't get to the server, but today, it worked fine, for some odd reason--at least for reading. But I couldn't log on. But we make things work eventually..

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no problem logging on but I don't get any email notifications
    Yes, that is a semi-big problem that has existed for several months. Andrew is aware of it. I'm guess it is a problem with the forum software or possibly a black-list issue with the domain name.

I actually totally locked myself out of the forum about 3 weeks ago when I went changed my password. When you change your password, the system sends you an e-mail that you have to respond to in order to be approved to get into the system. Since I never got the e-mail (due to the mailer problem), I couldn't get approved. I had to send an e-mail to Andrew and he went in and manually approved me. That episode is what prompted me to put out an e-mail where you can contact me in the event you are totally locked out of the system.

Unfortunately, near as I can tell, I don't actually have full admin privilages yet. Which is probably good since if I messed something up from way across the pond, it could be more difficult to fix.

I am using Windows 7 - 64bit.
    That's something I haven't even considered. I also use 64-bit IE, but I have 32-bit IE, Chrome, and Mozilla all loaded, so maybe I'll do some testing. It shouldn't make a difference since the browser is being run locally and data going back and forth to the ISP should all be the same. But it's a good thought. Normally, it takes me 3 or 4 refreshes to connect.

What I REALLY need to do is download the vBulletin manual and read it. Geeee, novel idea, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Vdub for taking over and helping out in this amazing forum that help so many of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maria garcia View Post
    Thanks Vdub for taking over and helping out in this amazing forum that help so many of us.
    Thanks indeed!

Btw... haven't had any trouble logging in at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123