Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: holiday time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    Ok is it bad of me to want to fore go the big christmas tree and just put a little one out...It will most likely be just me and my nine yrs old son to enjoy it and it just does not feel like christmas with everything going one....ughh I feel like scrooge
    I am only putting up a very very small tree this year because nobody is coming to my house and my husband and kids will be leaving on chirstmas day for arizona so I am not taking the energy to put up all the decorations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go mama2005, enjoy.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    I am only putting up a very very small tree this year because nobody is coming to my house and my husband and kids will be leaving on chirstmas day for arizona so I am not taking the energy to put up all the decorations.
    You could decorate to the hilt and invite neighbors an and friends in for a big Christmas party. Then you wouldn't feel the effort was wasted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, very brave and astute of you...people have to accept you, and you do also...great decision!

LisaMarie, do what makes YOU feel better at the moment, cuz right now that's all we've got...the future with this disease is a guessing game, so you set yourself up as best as you can to control it and your current lifestyle! Don't worry about others so much...their perceptions are their problems...period...we have plenty of our own with this disease...LOL...take care, be patient and persistent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mama, Dido to what everyone else said. Your stronger than you think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done mama, that took a lot of guts. I like the idea of putting a photo in your album, in a few years time you will be able to look back and remember these tough dark days and be thankful that they have passed.

As to a christmas tree I have decided to put one up for the first time in about 8 years. I am a taxi driver and pre-wegs I used to work 12 - 15 hours shifts at at night. One good thing about this terrible disease is that I have come to my senses and am now working less hours and mostly day time. So this year I will be home to enough to enjoy some Christmas decorations.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also so proud of you Mama! I think you will be happy with your decision.

As for the tree, do what is easiest for you. Christmas will be wonderful no matter what. I came home from the hospital the day before Christmas after getting diagnosed and our tree was dead because no one had watered it for over 3 weeks and I couldn't cook so we had to have food from a restraurant. Thankfully my mom had wrapped the few presents I did get purchased before I ended up in the hospital so my daughter had something to open but it was still great to be alive, and home, and having Christmas! Now I feel better but we have scaled things back, it's too hard for me to keep up with all the projects!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made it throught thanksgiving dinner. I was not asked many questions the family really just talked about other issues so I was relieved and think sending out the pic and the kinda heads up helped. thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made it throught thanksgiving dinner. I was not asked many questions the family really just talked about other issues so I was relieved and think sending out the pic and the kinda heads up helped. thanks all.
    Well played! Now that is over, and time to move forward, yes...?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup moving forward chirstmas next that only brings 86 relatives (thanksgiving was 52) into a very small space so no worries there they will be talking about the house getting to small for such a large family. After that is the surgery to repair my nose yeah...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast