Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blood in nose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default blood in nose

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It started getting colder and dryer here in SoCal, we're used to 75-80 degrees most of the year. My nose started getting more blood in it on a daily basis. Mostly in the morning, but sometimes when I clear it throughout the day. It's not a "bloody nose", just larger specks here and there.
    I really don't think these specks have ever completely gone away since I've been diagnosed.
    Is this cause for alarm, or do many of you continue to see this even in remission?
    I'm very low on my Pred and tapering Ctx, so I'm a little overly wary of symptoms
    Thanks!!!
    P.S. I'm also coming up on the one year anniversary of my diagnonis, I think that is just adding to my questioning everything...feel free to let me know if I'm over-reacting
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    I'm also coming up on the one year anniversary of my diagnonis, I think that is just adding to my questioning everything...feel free to let me know if I'm over-reacting
    Nicole--There is no such thing (regardless of what the doctors tell you!) as over reacting--or "overly wary"--when you have a complicated and nasty disease. Besides, as it happens, an inordinate proportion of relapses happen in the winter months. I suspect that this has to do with the fact that winter is also over-represented in the infections department. Are your blood tests current? How often do you see your doctor?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nasal symptoms seem the hardest to get rid of, even when the doctors say you are in a drug induced remission. If you are blowing up big chunks of blood clots, that most likely means a flare. A small fleck or tinge of blood now and then can happen even when you are considered in remission according to my experience. It can be hard to discriminate, especially during winter months when furnace dries out air and humidity drops in northern climes. For years the ENT docs told me this was causing my bloody crusts, but funny thing they went away after treating for GPA, at least last winter except when I had big flare in March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am feeling much better now that I have started on treatment for sinus/verigo treatment caused by mastoiditis. Also noticed by my ENT when he examined me 2 weeks ago was an ulcer in my nasal cavity which I was not aware of...no bleeding or bloody tinging of nasal discharge......or pain for that matter. I am aware of it now. Yesterday, i awoke to a massive bloody nose and I then had a few bleeds throughout the day. Even before diagnosis I think I had only one bloody nose and it was a mild bleed. I had some crusting and the occasional bloody streak but for the past few years all has been well there except for a bit of a persistent clear post nasal drip.

I am a bit confused. I do not feel as if I am flaring (on 50mg of pred) but that was one bad nose bleed. I have another appointment with him later today so luckily I"ll get it checked out soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are other possible explanations for nosebleeds, Rose; it may or may not be a relapse. Do you check your blood pressure at home? This is a good idea, I think. Please tell the doctor all this.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE. Do you check your blood pressure at home? Al/QUOTE]

Yes Al, I do and it is ok.....usually a bit on the low side. I am thinking I may have caused some trauma to a blood vessel due to the twice daily nasal irrigations I have to do as part of my treatment. The ENT will look today to check for improvement there. I am interested to know the outcome. Am I reading my body signals. correctly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    [QUOTE. Do you check your blood pressure at home? Al/QUOTE]

Yes Al, I do and it is ok.....usually a bit on the low side. I am thinking I may have caused some trauma to a blood vessel due to the twice daily nasal irrigations I have to do as part of my treatment. The ENT will look today to check for improvement there. I am interested to know the outcome. Am I reading my body signals. correctly?
    I think so, Rose. The irrigations may be "irritations". The ENT needs to be aware of the possible sensitivity.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Florida...but I went to Vegas this past September for convention and yes the dry weather when returning back to Miami had a bloody nose for almost a month. Use the nasal rinse "NeilMed" and sure enough went back to a better nose.

See pic below.....back to normal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/QUOTE]

What is it? Never seen anything like it!
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very cute...
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast