Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stress triggers disease flares in patients with vasculitis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting thread which is so relevant to me right now. I am fortunate to still be 'in work' (still paying for the wedding!) and able to get away for a totally relaxing holiday where I went walking and swimming in the sea nearly every day.

On my return to work I was met with over 600 Emails, a mountain of new post and a court action to deal with. Kapow and I experienced the worst flare I have had since DX. Fortunate that I was admitted into hospital very quickly for another infussion of Alemtuzumub which left me flat out and bed ridden for 4 days but I am glad to say, a whole lot better now. I need to admit to myself that I am not indestructable and that I need to put my considerations first.

I guess I will have to speak with my employer and possibly face the fact that my career is coming to an end, but I believe that as one door shuts another will open, sometimes with surprising consequences!
    ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have anxiety, doc verified!! So it is under control with Lexapro. I would lean toward investigating that angle...meds for stress if they are compatible...mine are. Don't give up a career unless you don't want it anymore...you can do this, honest! Be careful, be persistent! Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stress

I have never had any doubt that stress is what triggered Wegs with me.
    I am glad to see that there is help to be got for this. I hacve a check up with the Rheumy on Thursday and will be raising this with him as work is extremely stressful at the moment and not looking like getting easier any time soon
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting threat indeed.
    I think stress is what int he first place caused Wegs, in my case, and also the 'flare', that I'm going throug now, is probably caused by stress, but also by cold-virusses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the little ones who get Wegeners, wonder if they were understress?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    What about the little ones who get Wegeners, wonder if they were understress?
    The problem is with the word "cause". Stress can be an important contributor without being the "cause". As for little ones suffering, this is why I have a problem with the "there must be a reason" viewpoint. There is, for example, no lesson to be learned, moral or otherwise, from a child who is born with spina bifida or hydrocephalus--or GPA. Is there a lesson for older folks? I'm not so sure.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said Al.
    Jolanta

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123