Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting exercised

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point about balance and fall prevention. (Falls have more dire consequences for us, particularly for those of us on weird drugs.) Your story about the sports medicine trainer is exactly why I ignore the heavy sales of personal trainers at my gym. But it does seem like an open field for someone with the right knowledge and understanding. (This also, by the way, reflects my attitude about nutrition and nutritionists. If we could just get appropriate, accurate and reliable coaching on both exercise and nutrition, that would be a major help!)

I am lucky that most of my pains were, shall we say, emotional rather than physical. I couldn't wait to walk, so I did, for miles each day, in the hospital. The fact that it made the hospital staff nervous improved my spirits immensely!

Al

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I would post to this thread because there is some really good info that some of the newer members might not find easily.

I met with a fitness coach at the YMCA this morning to learn what I can do to strengthen my core abs and upper body as well as start losing the belly fat (pred pounds). I'll start with chest press and shoulder press machines (3 sets of 10 reps with 25 lbs resistance). I'll also do three sets of 10 ab crunches. I'll continue to walk - about an hour when I don't use the machines and 20-30 minutes when I do.

I'm hoping to be able to wear my size 34 pants by spring. Wish me luck and perseverance!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thought I would post to this thread because there is some really good info that some of the newer members might not find easily.

I met with a fitness coach at the YMCA this morning to learn what I can do to strengthen my core abs and upper body as well as start losing the belly fat (pred pounds). I'll start with chest press and shoulder press machines (3 sets of 10 reps with 25 lbs resistance). I'll also do three sets of 10 ab crunches. I'll continue to walk - about an hour when I don't use the machines and 20-30 minutes when I do.

I'm hoping to be able to wear my size 34 pants by spring. Wish me luck and perseverance!
    Good luck. I gave my size 34 pants away but still have some for a lower size or two smaller. I haven't tried a program as ambitious as your yours but might try increase my exercise levels a bit to see if it helps.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Good luck. I gave my size 34 pants away but still have some for a lower size or two smaller. I haven't tried a program as ambitious as your yours but might try increase my exercise levels a bit to see if it helps.
    Go for it!! We can be virtual workout buddies.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123