Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working and pain management

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is just my incompetent line manager who is just flexing his muscles as he is being questioned by on high as to why so many of his team are becoming long term sick or wanting to leave.

Shoop if I was your managers boss I would be very worried about the reasons his team are becoming sick and would be concerned about his people skills. I used to work in BT and was used on several occasions to go and sort out the mess caused by a manager who did not know how to treat their staff, and I am afraid it was always a male manager that seemed to cause the problems (by the way I am a bloke so I am not being sexist). I was also a school governor for five years and during my time we had a change of head teacher and I was amazed at the difference it made to the ethos and harmony in the school. So I hope you get a more responsive and considerate head in January.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo, he took the biscuit today. "Following your letter from the hospital (possible Kidney damage seeing Renal tomorrow to confirm) the head and I have decided we are taking your top band group GCSE group (predicted the magic C, the holy grail in UK education) and giving them to another teacher to reduce your workload. Okay sounds good, but you will have to take on 6 hours of year 9 OCR Nationals (mickey mouse subject) if the hospital says your fit enough and then if that goes well 6 hours of year 11 OCR Nationals but you will share these with another teacher (this is the ME sufferer who has brought in the unionsto stop this as her docs have said no to her teaching yet)"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever get the feeling they are trying to make life unpleasent so that you decide to leave?

The head of our local comprehensive decided she would start correcting teachers spelling mistakes. This might seem a good idea, but not when she was quite happy for the pupils to know which teachers were being ridiculed. A once happy and high achieving school changed, well until another head was appointed.
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12