Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wegners vs Cancer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much a less stress approach Sangye...and pretty much agreed here...I've found, to date, that 'fighting' WG is not the best way to go as that attitude inherently brings about the worst thing I could imagine with this disease...stress...not good, don't like it, doesn't work well. I follow the docs' advice, do my best, keep looking forward...some days the smiles come, many are fraught with questions and concerns, and some days are just not very good...but it's not a matter of winning or losing at all at this point...I got to 'see the noose' this summer, could reach out and touch it, didn't take it, have worked very hard to get back, still not there, but am better off for the working forward than the 'fighting off' of a disease I don't understand. Whew! Did I say all that...interesting mood tonite!! Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I have never liked the idea of "fighting" a disease. That means someone who dies from it is a "loser."

I don't care if I die from Wegs, or the treatment or a complication or a banana peel. Death is still death!
    You always cut to the chase, Sangye! Anyway, the ANCA are not purposely dragging you to the mat. They are just doing what they think is their job. Too bad their job is out of balance....Do you remember Goethe's parable about the Sorcerer and his Apprentice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Pretty much a less stress approach Sangye...and pretty much agreed here...I've found, to date, that 'fighting' WG is not the best way to go as that attitude inherently brings about the worst thing I could imagine with this disease...stress...not good, don't like it, doesn't work well. I follow the docs' advice, do my best, keep looking forward...some days the smiles come, many are fraught with questions and concerns, and some days are just not very good...but it's not a matter of winning or losing at all at this point...I got to 'see the noose' this summer, could reach out and touch it, didn't take it, have worked very hard to get back, still not there, but am better off for the working forward than the 'fighting off' of a disease I don't understand. Whew! Did I say all that...interesting mood tonite!! Take care!
    LOL It sounds like you're in a good place with all of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don, you do indeed seem to be in a Glenn Miller way tonight. Sure you have the right meds? We will indeed take care, lest we meet up with literary forces beyond our abilities to control....

(This is good; very good! [Now, can you say all that in haiku form (for those who don't know, Don's racket was teaching the kiddies what they needed to know)?])

[Sorry about my own mood; it's all Don's fault for being so darned eloquent.]

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, you two are soooo funny, it's so nice to see that and laugh with you. Yes, Sangye, I'm in as good a place as I can find right now...and that's my sole purpose as it affects me and mine and those near me. Yeah, yeah Al...but Glenn Miller??? Hmmm, maybe Miller was eloquent, as far as his time went, but The Doors are much better....LOL...yes, I do search for the upside, constantly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but Glenn Miller???
    Remember "In the Mood"?)

Al

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234