User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!!! I Think I Am Catching A Cold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HELP!!!!!! I Think I Am Catching A Cold.

I feel cold symptoms coming on and I am feeling scared. I rarely catch a cold and when I do they are pretty mild. Now that I have Wegener's and immune compromised, I don't know what to expect. Any help or suggestions on the best way to get through this will be greatly appreciated.
    I my have Wegener's Granulomatosis and that I can't change. What I can change is how I choose to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catching a cold is iffy. It could be a real cold like you think. That happened to me a few months ago and it turns out it was the Wegener's presenting itself as a cold. I'm also on immunosuppressants and I did also think it was a cold. What was weird was my cold lasted 6 hours of the entire day and disappeared. Then, it came back 3-5 days later. A true cold to me is getting the stuffy nose, body weakness and the tasteless foods. I got it all except the loss of taste buds, no scratchy throat and hardly any sneezing. If it lasts up to a week or two, that's a cold. If it's longer than that, that's no cold... consult your physician now and after that two week period to make sure you're not immuno comprimised. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught my first post rtx cold last month. I was really a piece of cake! I was so scared at first. But it ended up being very mild, and didn't last as long as colds used to. We're all different mind you, but your body should still be able to fight off a cold. I think I remember sangye saying that sometimes when we get colds the symptoms are less severe because the symptoms we feel are caused by our body's reaction to the virus. With our immune systems lowered, our bodies do not react as strongly. Made sense when she said it, maybe not so much when I say it! Good luck
    ~ Chris ~
    (Female )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    I caught my first post rtx cold last month. I was really a piece of cake! I was so scared at first. But it ended up being very mild, and didn't last as long as colds used to. We're all different mind you, but your body should still be able to fight off a cold. I think I remember sangye saying that sometimes when we get colds the symptoms are less severe because the symptoms we feel are caused by our body's reaction to the virus. With our immune systems lowered, our bodies do not react as strongly. Made sense when she said it, maybe not so much when I say it! Good luck

You put it better than I did, Chris. Thank you. I forgot my body knew how to fight... maybe I should take notes from my immune system some time. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be in tune with your body. You say the symptoms are usually mild when you have a cold. If this is the case now let it run its course. Sholud the symptoms become worse than what you would expect a normal cold to do then consult your doctor as soon as you become concerned. I have had a few colds since diagnosis and only consulted my doctor once when it went on and on and eventually went to to my chest. A course of antibiotics sorted it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you ladies! I feel a little better now knowing how you responded to your colds. Granted our bodies all respond differently. I am hoping my body remembers that colds are not allowed.
    I my have Wegener's Granulomatosis and that I can't change. What I can change is how I choose to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I woke up with a mild sore throat today and then a headache to follow but I went out on Saturday for awhile so I suppose I caught something, UGH! We'll see how this goes, I haven't had a real cold for some time. I just happened to have my follow up today and my doctor just reminded me...wash your hands often! Hope you feel better soon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Chris, you said it just fine. It was actually Dr Seo who reminded me of that. I couldn't figure out why the colds I got post-rtx were way harder on me for a few days but then the congestion cleared up very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that myself. Started out with a pretty bad cold a couple days ago. Last night was little grim, but my body has taken over and won.... Feeling great....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to throw a bit of tepid water on this subject, but it is worth noting that any infection can be a trigger for relapse (though it might not be). But colds and such are not at obvious when the immune system is suppressed. Please keep an eye out (so to speak) for any other symptoms and report them with haste and without apology!

Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast