Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Ever come away from a doctor's appointment thinking that was a complete waste of time and money!!!!...and your self esteem in your boots!!!!
Yes, Rose--I think we all have. After being Johnny Meek about it for a while, I decided that, since I am the doctor's employer, I should do as any good boss: Say calmly but directly, "I am disappointed. I don't think we have dealt with the problem. I would like you to try harder." True, most doctors are not used to hearing that line and don't know how to react, but, really, there is only one way to react properly: "I will do my best." Only thing is, then you have to be able to define the problem. That could be as simple as, "if the tests don't tell why I hurt, then they are the wrong tests." In fact, it took Drac (my blood-taking nephro) three sets of tests to nail my ailment. To his credit, he did keep going after it until it was found, at which time I felt vindicated; if still sick as a dog, I at least had my self-esteem, and my boots were ready for some kickin'!

Al