Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: numbness in foot, anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After getting the foot drop and nerve damage, I just found out that my neuropathy will be permanent. It seems if the nerves do not regenerate within 2 years they are shot so mine, after 4 years, are gone, done, kaput. I am still following up with getting at least my left foot either fused in ankle or get the tendons repositioned to get back my arch. I can live with the neuropathy but not the constant ankle pain. Think of walking on a twisted ankle for 4 and 1/2 years, ughh.
    Harvi don't give up, talk to a podiatrist and neurologist.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, I'm so sorry about that.

Barbara, I've had pneumonia many times and it is no picnic. Really saps your strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, I'm sorry you have to go through so much and that your neuropathy will be permanent. Sorry about the pain you have. Wish there was something that could take it away for good.

Barbara and Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    After getting the foot drop and nerve damage, I just found out that my neuropathy will be permanent. It seems if the nerves do not regenerate within 2 years they are shot so mine, after 4 years, are gone, done, kaput. I am still following up with getting at least my left foot either fused in ankle or get the tendons repositioned to get back my arch. I can live with the neuropathy but not the constant ankle pain. Think of walking on a twisted ankle for 4 and 1/2 years, ughh.
    Harvi don't give up, talk to a podiatrist and neurologist.
    Ugh. That means I've only got until April for mine to regenerate (that will be 2 years from when I first developed the neuropathy). It's not looking good. I agree - the neuropathy is annoying (and my feet get cold so easily now), but the constant pain is simply not fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    Ugh. That means I've only got until April for mine to regenerate (that will be 2 years from when I first developed the neuropathy). It's not looking good. I agree - the neuropathy is annoying (and my feet get cold so easily now), but the constant pain is simply not fun.
    But everyone is different so you may get yours back now or many years later or never. One can never tell. I hope at least the pain lets up for you.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    But everyone is different so you may get yours back now or many years later or never.
    I've witnessed numerous nerve injuries...some come back, some never, some are minor, some are debilitating. I've seen a football player for a major university go down with a stretched nerve in his shoulder, years later the feeling came back, but never the full usage - he golfs and lives a full career oriented life! Coached one player who took on a player larger than him head on, he never recovered in most ways...just exists. Saw one player go down in a simple and safe tackle, he never got up. And, I have seen many 'stingers' and other nerve injuries...most return in or show signs of returning in a year or so...it has more to do with the length of the nerve strands than the severity, outside of being severed. The longer the nerve strand(s) injured, the less likely of returning usage, at least normal use. Time becomes an issue only as the nerves don't react as you would like them to do. At some point, we live with it, because of it, for it, and, most certainly, differently than before...there, I'm done, morning rant is finis!!!!!!!!!!! All have a good day!

PS: I have a dropped left foot, very irritating more than anything else...I have learned to balance on it, and I don't take HIGH steps!! LOL...tripping has become an art form for me!!! LOL
    Last edited by Dirty Don; 12-08-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    ...tripping has become an art form for me!!! LOL
    (Weren't we talking about geezer tipping a while back?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh gosh, when I had foot drop, I fell down so much they gave me a foot/ankle brace! Luckily, my first few weeks of treatment w/pred and mtx reversed the foot drop, but I got to keep the numbness, tingling, and pain. Not that I'd want to go back to it, but I do recall my foot being pain-free for the first time in months while the foot drop was happening, and me LIKING it. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRIPPING, not tipping...geez!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminMeanie View Post
    I do recall my foot being pain-free for the first time in months while the foot drop was happening, and me LIKING it. LOL
    Strange the things/items/ideas/and people we Weggies find our new lives taking us to and what we learn to find pleasures in!! And fun too!! LOL

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast