Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question-might be stupid...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delorisdoe View Post
    Well I did my best to not get upset today at all-believe me I had several opportunities-yet I had some of the worst knee pain and my stupid hand as well. No amount of advil and tylenol help. I feel like I have weights in my hands and feet. Sluggish and sooooo tired. It is just like the pain etc I went through pre diagnosis ten years ago. I thought a relapse would be easier because we knew what it is and how to treat it but with pain being my only symptom treating seems innapropriate at this point. I'm just whining I guess
    Whining? I don't think so Timmy.......lol

Anyway, you might be flaring even with only pain type symptoms right now. You have to contact your doc and tell him everything.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Phil. You can whine all you want, we are here to listen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Sangye--my knowledge of the Ayurvedic perspective is woefully deficient, but it does occur to me that fire (and therefore anger) can be both destructive and creative. It is a question of balance. Do you think...?

Al
    Fire can be both destructive and creative, but not anger. Anger is always destructive. Anger is due to excess Fire. Anger isn't present if the Fire element is balanced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Fire can be both destructive and creative, but not anger. Anger is always destructive. Anger is due to excess Fire. Anger isn't present if the Fire element is balanced.

Anger def bad. Darn it.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    To ride this train of thought a little further: On a molecular level, ANCA disease is, essentially, throwing excess fire at the presumed problem--it is an instance of the immune system being out of balance for largely unknown reasons. Anger is, of course, an emotion at the human level; antibodies presumably do not experience anything of the sort. Yet it seems to me that human emotions have evolved for a purpose. That of anger may be one of desperation, like that of harmful antibodies: When all else fails, try a scorched earth attack:destroy everything and hope for regrowth. Does that sound a bit Ayurvedic?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it doesn't sound at all Ayurvedic to me. The body never intentionally destroys itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12