Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Newly Diagnosed and starting Cytoxan/Preds/Bactrum today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weggies should not take ibuprofen.

Don't take Tylenol on anything approaching a regular basis, as it's VERY toxic to the liver. You've already got the liver dealing with the other drugs.

I wouldn't take Tylenol more than once a week at the most. Don't ever take more than the dose on the bottle and never take it more frequently than the recommendations on the bottle. If it says "every 4 hours" don't take it at 3 hours. It sounds picky but it truly is that toxic. I've posted research in this forum that shows how easy it is to overdose on Tylenol and damage your liver. The above are the new guidelines that MDs are using--after decades of Tylenol causing temporary or permanent liver damage and uncountable numbers of deaths.

Really you have to figure out why you're still having so much pain. It may be necessary to increase the dosage of one or more of your meds or change drugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting that some (but not all) of the pred side effects lists include "joint pains". This sounds dubious to me, as a good proportion of pred users have diseases that cause join pain on there own--like, just for example, WG.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all. If not Tylenol daily or ibuprofen, then what can I take over the counter?
    "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HopeinTN View Post
    Thanks all. If not Tylenol daily or ibuprofen, then what can I take over the counter?
    whisky......lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Phil...you know we can not take our meds and drink alcohol....lol...I try mediation and warm compresses on my joints and back...or a warming blanket...just a thought...love ya Phil.Burnie more whiskey ..k
    Want to see a miracle? Plant a word of love heartdeep in a person's life. Nuture it with a smile and a prayer and watch what happens...Never underestimate the power of the seed!

My mojo for today.....gonna be johnny apple seed and just keep planting
    Lisa Marie
    The happiness of people is not necessarily to have the best of everything...but make the most of what you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarie View Post
    Bad Phil...you know we can not take our meds and drink alcohol....lol...I try mediation and warm compresses on my joints and back...or a warming blanket...just a thought...love ya Phil.Burnie more whiskey ..k
    Er, where are you writing from, LisaMarie? What, exactly, do you mean, "over the counter", hmmm...?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm originally from KY, so I prefer Bourbon and I'm not opposed to a shot or 3 before bed. However, by over the counter I mean non-prescription. If Ibuprofen or tylenol then what's the non-prescription drug of choice for Weggies?

It doesn't feel so much muscular as it does joints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    I saw your other post about your situation. I had similar nodules in my lung at the time of diagnosis. Hope you start feeling better with the meds soon! keep us posted.
    I also had nodules in my lungs, and my lungs were what they called broken glass appearance. Once I started my cytoxan and prednisone it cleared up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lightwarrior, that's encouraging. I'm so curious as to what effect the medicine is having on my lungs. My next appointment is at the 3 month mark and I think they will run a CT scan to check it out.

Where are you in your treatment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    I find it interesting that some (but not all) of the pred side effects lists include "joint pains". This sounds dubious to me, as a good proportion of pred users have diseases that cause join pain on there own--like, just for example, WG.

Al
    I guess everyone is different, but joint pain is definitely not a side effect of pred for me. Pred gets rid of my joint pain which I presume is from Wegs.

Anne

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast