Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Methotrexate for maintenance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do take folic acid. Usually take a double dose on the morning after I take the mtx, which I had previously found to help a lot, but not as much lately. So far, the nausea has gotten better, but the leg pain is still present. Can't really tell if it's getting better or not at this point. At this point, it's just one day at a time. Next week (week of the 15th) I'll get blood work done again and I'll know more then.

Hope you're doing well, also!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you find out how long they will Keep you on MTX? I always have read in this thread that MTX cannot be used for a life time. I just met a mother whos daughter is taking MTX and said she would be on it for the rest of her life. I didn't want to say anything but it didn't sound correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry the post above is for shannon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mtx dosage was making me ill for about 3 days after one massive ingestion once a week. Doc had me split dosaging into 2 times, 12 hours apart, seems to be working...haven't had any extreme fatigue or nausea since the change...nice! And, I know of a rheumatoid arthritis patient (friend) who's been on mtx for a few years...he says it does take its toll on the body, but it also helps keep him in less pain. He's finally in a tapering mode after 5 years...he says he feels fine. Best of luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123