Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forks over Knives documentary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Forks over Knives documentary

I recently watched the documetary "Forks over Knives", it was basically about how Diary and meat cause cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and some autoimmune diseases. It is a really much see, one of the docs is from Cleveland Clinic, on the of top Hospitals in America. So after watching this, I am a vegetarian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I recently watched the documetary "Forks over Knives", it was basically about how Diary and meat cause cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and some autoimmune diseases. It is a really much see, one of the docs is from Cleveland Clinic, on the of top Hospitals in America. So after watching this, I am a vegetarian.
    you are seriously not going to eat meat any more after watching this? I hope you realize that the bad meats are the ones that are GMO, antibioc fed and hormone fed, etc. you can get meats that are free range and don't have all the crap that most store bought meat has.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If God intended us to not eat meat why did He make it taste so nice? Anyway I MUST eat lamb otherwise what excuse do I have for having lashings of mint sauce on my plate? Or how about plum or orange sauce with duck ......... all those wonderful sauces and no meat to go with them
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'll take my chances with meat, potatoes, and beer.... Some things in life are just meant to be..... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could I would, but I generally dispise most vegatation. I'd just starve to death....or eat donuts 24/7. mmmm Donuts!
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it all comes down to moderation. Each new diet/study/research will head us off to another direction of what to eat or NOT eat. For me it is all about making healthy choices and listening to my body. I do eat mostly vegetarin meals but LOVE my steak and potatoes too! I do shop for "happy" chickens ( free range/drug free)and beef too..buy it when it is on sale. I have organic milk in the house which by the way lasts much longer than regular milk. I love almond milk and eat my cereal with that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all this "eat this not that etc" is getting waaay out of hand. If you were to listen to every bit of "advice", research, diets etc you might as well stop eating full stop because there wouldn't be much left for you to eat. I mean even healthy things become UNhealthy if you eat them in excess. There are so much contradicting advice/research that the best thing to do is eat everything but as Kimh said, in moderation.

I try to make sure that the food I eat come from a good source. I try to eat a lot of free range/organic produce for the simple reason that you can more often than not track where to food came from, you know there isn't a lot of chemicals involved and also I try to go for the products that have the least amount of packaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I knew that eating less meat and diary reduces cholesterol and some cancers. But I too love food, "All Food." But, denial is not an option anymore. I personally would like to reduce my cholesterol and see if this diet will help me. The only thing I am omitting is meat and diary. There is so much other stuff I can eat without feeling deprived. You guys need to see the Forks over Knives, it really talks about how the chinese and japanese use to eat and how healthy they were and now the are having the same health epidemic like us. What is interesting the Chinese ate very little meat, and they still were very healthy. I think if we ate 1/3 of a pork chop a day is not goint to kill you. Or save the whole pork chop/ham/ steak once a week. This is just very educational and 30 something year of research went into this. Just need to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just got half a cow from a coworker of my husbands. Lots of steak...Friday is steak night.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the China study. We had some friends who tried veganism after reading that book. It's a little extreme for us.

Since we're talking about documentaries...Has anyone seen "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"? It's mainly about a couple of guys who do a juicing diet for 60 days. The interesting part is that they both have autoimmune diseases and are on similar drugs to us (MTX and Pred).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast