Likes Likes:  81
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Newbie introduction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MPA is another kind of vasculitis which is very similar to WG. Check here https://www.hopkinsvasculitis.org/ty...-polyangiitis/
    If you scroll down you will see a comparison between WG/GPA and MPA. There is a lot in common. Also the treatments.
    Generally, I think that in MPA there is more cases of involvement of the kidneys then we have. And they dont have our saddle nose.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be afraid to ask the doctor if she has GPA patients and ask her to refer you to Dr. Kur. Rapid access usually means within a week. I think I was in a couple of days later when my dr referred me to him for the RA. Unfortunately not all doctors seem to know about he rapid access clinics. I'm so glad you're getting in to someone and hopefully getting answers! Alysia knows tons and is such a good support. �� I don't know how she fits in all the reading and answering with work and her own symptoms.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

3. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the link. I am reading up on it now, this has a bit more of my symptoms. Yes, so much in common, it must be hard for the doctors to determine which one a person has.

I just now received a call "FINALLY" from my rheumy OMG she called (her office) and said oh we can get you in earlier in 2 weeks. I said oh I have an appointment this coming Monday, oh they said. Wow they don't even know what the hell they are doing. Let's hope the doctor is more focused, haha

5. Likes Alysia, elephant liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found your reply finally Yes, that is going to be the first question I ask if she has GPA patients , if not I will go to Dr.Kur

Just wondering the quick access clinic I am going to on Sept 11 with internal medicine doctors, if they will know more then this doctor on Monday. I shall soon find out. Count down now, going to try and keep busy over the week-end to pass the time.

I just found out my son is flying in from San Fran on Oct 5th to the 9th to visit. I will know what I have by then and tell him. I haven't said anything to him yet, I wanted to make sure 100% what I have to share with my two grown children in the states.

Yes, Alysia is awesome! and a great support person like your self Lisa...thank you both for listening and everyone else in the group

hugs to everyone

7. Likes LisaT, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well today is the big day for me. Seeing the rheumy at 9:30 and my brother is going with me to help with questions and take notes. I've been up since 4 am. After reading all the bad reviews on this dr I have fear of hearing once again - "come back in two weeks" as my family Dr. told me for the last two years.

I have all my questions ready, test results she may need to see, med's etc. I have cleaned my whole house (well it's not big thank god, lol). I just want to get there and get some answers.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day

9. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be persistent with your questions and make sure you understand the answers. Confusion is not an acceptable option.

Good luck!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Susan! Let us know how it goes. I'm glad youre finally seeing simeine and have a support person with you. You sound prepared and strong. Go get your answers!
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jon. Good introduction.
    I've read great things about Noocube so check it out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456